Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jan 15, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Day 8

Sunday 24th August

Martin watched the Grand Prix on TV while I slept.

Once we were up we walked to Robson Street and Gastown. We looked in gift shops for presses for kid's friends, but decided we would prefer to get souvenirs from Alaska.

We saw the steam clock and watched it chime on the hour.

The girls grabbed a frozen raspberry lemonade from Tim Hortons which was nice and refreshing in the heat.

We had missed a phone call from the in-laws, so sat on waterfront and rang them back for a chat.

We saw some lovely house boats which were really sweet!

We walked to Stanley Park and had a wander round.

Had a bit of fun at kids water park cooling off and walked round to totem poles.

We popped back to hotel and then walked from hotel to cruise terminal to see how long it would take. It was only about 5 minutes, so maybe 10 minutes with our luggage?

We walked back to Gastown and ate at Old Spaghetti Factory. I had read about this particular one being haunted. We told the girls after they had eaten meal and we looked at some photos I had taken. In this one you can see the waitress rushing past just behind the girls. She is the only thing blurred. Or was it the waitress? !

We went back to the hotel for swim and hot tub.

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska August 2014 Index

Edited at 11:16 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Lovely relaxed day.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiepie
Imagineer

Lovely day, I am in planning mode for our trip in the summer. Looking forward to reading about what you got up to on the cruise!
Cutiepie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thank you - it was a lovely day.

Have got my first cruise day up now (Day 9) and just about to add the photos.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Them boats are so pretty. I love Stanley Park, it's so relaxing and the people in Vancouver are so friendly and stop and chat. I've been saving my Virgin miles hoping to back this year as we have family just outside Vancouver but Virgin have decided not to fly there anymore by the looks of it .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 15, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lindyT
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
Sunday 24th August

Martin watched the Grand Prix on TV while I slept.

Once we were up we walked to Robson Street and Gastown. We looked in gift shops for presses for kid's friends, but decided we would prefer to get souvenirs from Alaska.

We saw the steam clock and watched it chime on the hour.

The girls grabbed a frozen raspberry lemonade from Tim Hortons which was nice and refreshing in the heat.

We had missed a phone call from the in-laws, so sat on waterfront and rang them back for a chat.

We saw some lovely house boats which were really sweet!

We walked to Stanley Park and had a wander round.

Had a bit of fun at kids water park cooling off and walked round to totem poles.

We popped back to hotel and then walked from hotel to cruise terminal to see how long it would take. It was only about 5 minutes, so maybe 10 minutes with our luggage?

We walked back to Gastown and ate at Old Spaghetti Factory. I had read about this particular one being haunted. We told the girls after they had eaten meal and we looked at some photos I had taken. In this one you can see the waitress rushing past just behind the girls. She is the only thing blurred. Or was it the waitress? !

We went back to the hotel for swim and hot tub.
Your photos are beautiful. We have debated so often to organise a trip similar to yours,and this TR is def. pushing us on! Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories. Linda
lindyT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jan 15, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lindyT View Post
Your photos are beautiful. We have debated so often to organise a trip similar to yours,and this TR is def. pushing us on! Thank you for sharing these wonderful memories. Linda
Thank you for your lovely comments.

I knew that Canada was meant to be beautiful, but it was even better than I imagined. Every time we turned a corner, there was even more spectacular scenery.

We are off to California this year and expect to see more beautiful sights in Yosemite.

If you fancy a cruise on your trip - I can recommend Alaska!
Old 19 Feb 15, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
nice relaxing day
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 15, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Yes it was nice after all the driving hubby did to relax before the cruise.
Old 22 Feb 15, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Those boats are so cute. Lovely relaxed day
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List