Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 14 Jan 15, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska Aug 2014 - Day 9

Monday 25th August

We woke up about 7ish and were very excited about going on the cruise.

We had done a 3 night Disney Dream to the Bahamas and got the "cruise bug" and wanted longer. We are all Disney Geeks and as were not going back to Florida this year, this would give us our "Disney Fix" and at the same time allow us to see some stunning scenery in a beautiful part of the world.

We walked down to Canada Place and saw the Wonder. Although it is smaller than the Dream, it was still quite impressive. There were lots of people walking past admiring it and we smugly said to each other "we are going to be on that in a hour or so!"

We went back to the hotel to check out and walked down with luggage.

We went through immigration and checked in. We were Silver guests as it was our 2nd cruise.

We registered our youngest into Oceaneers in case she wanted to go on her own and spoke about both going to the Edge (although they were not keen!)

We boarded just before 12 and our family was introduced.

We got our Anna and Elsa meet tickets and registered our eldest for the talent show. We went to Tritons to see if we could get a Brunch reservation. We got one for 11.30 on our last sea day, Sunday.

We went to Beach Blanket for lunch and then explored a little before finding our state room 2106.

Kids found Disney Channel and watched the end of Camp Rock.

We went up to Deck 4 for lifeboat drill at 4pm and then joined everyone for Adventures Away party. It was fun going under the bridge and everyone waving.

We went and registered for The Edge.

We grabbed some chicken strips as we were peckish - oh dear think we are going to eat a bit too much on this trip!

Quick visit back to the room and then went to see Mickey.

The 6.15 show which was All Aboard, Let the Magic Begin! It was where we met the Cruise Director who introduced what would be going on, excursions, dining, entertainment etc. The Disney Wonder performers did an act and Buckets and Boards, who were surprisingly vey good.

We popped back to room to get changed. It was cruise casual and we were in Parrot Cay for the Caribbean Island Cuisine. Hubby had crab for starters and the girls and I had asparagus soup.

It was banana bread, but our assistant server went and got a basket of plain bread as our youngest was not keen. For the remainder of the cruise, he made sure we had plain bread as well as what was on the menu.

For the main course, I had Caribbean chicken and everyone else had mixed grill.

For dessert, the girls had chocolate cake, I had trio of desserts and Martin had a sherbet sundae.

Our Assistant Server was a man from India (need to check his name), our Server, Stacey from Jamaica and the host was Englebert from India who kept everyone entertained with tricks.

We dropped girls off at Edge to find out what was planned while we looked around the adult bars. We then had a call from the girls who wanted to come our of the Edge. They were not keen and I think that our eldest was put off at a kids club in Ibiza when she was 3 with a nasty kids rep.

Found the karaoke, but it was almost finished, so looked at song list for the future.

More food! Grabbed a slice of pizza and watched Mary Poppins on Funnel vision.

It was a bit chilly, despite wrapping ourselves in blankets, so back to room ready for the next day. Out first towel animal - a snake!

Stunning Scenery, wildlife and our "Wonder"ful Disney friends! - Rockies & Alaska August 2014 Index

Edited at 11:21 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Your cabin looks lovely, I've never been on a cruise and imagined the cabins to be a lot smaller. Looks the girls are really enjoying themselves
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

I think Disney cabins (or staterooms as they are often called) are bigger than most other cruise ships.

The sofa turns into a bed and a pull out bunk bed comes out of the wall and this is made up every night by the Stateroom host and put away again the next morning.

The other good thing is that there is a separate toilet and bathroom, both with sinks, so no arguing when getting ready!

Even with 2 adults and a teenager and pre-teen, we never felt like we were on top of each other.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Your dinner looks so good! Seeing the pictures has made me so hungry!

Great first day on the ship, it looks amazing.

Looking forward to reading more.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jan 15, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thank you.

The food was lovely on the ship.

Going to try and do some more this weekend - bringing back great memories!
Old 24 Jan 15, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

Great first day onboard, looking forward to reading more.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

This looks sooo good. Thanks for sharing!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 15, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post

My DW is keen to do this cruise- as am I so am looking forward to your trip report.
We have done a seven night Med cruise on the Magic (pre refurb) and loved it so am keen to do another Disney cruise
Your whole trip looks brilliant thus far without the cruise- the cruise was the icing on cake I guess!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Thank you!

This cruise and the location is amazing. The Rockies beforehand was a highlight for me as I love taking photos, but to end up on the Wonder at the end of the holiday for more stunning scenery and our "Disney fix" was fantastic!
Old 11 Feb 15, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely photos, lots of food - all so tempting