Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Mar 16, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KELLYSGIRL
Excited about Disney

Trains

Hi everyone need some help i'm thinking of travelling to gatwick airport by train from scotland and part of the journey i need to get the tube from london euston to london victoria. We have never been to london so not sure what the tube there is like. Can anyone tell me how busy this station is likely to be we won't be travelling early morning or at tea time. How many stops is there from euston to victoria

Thank You
KELLYSGIRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Take the Victoria line (south). It'll take about 8 mins and is 4 stops. Not too busy outside rush hour, just find a buggy/luggage entrance barrier - they should be manned so easy to get luggage through. If you don't have a "through ticket" then use a contactless debit/credit card - the fare is £2.40 instead of £4.90 if you buy a ticket

Alternatively a black cab is probably £15-20 and can save you carting luggage up and down escalators.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Everywhere on the tube within the central zones is pretty much always busy. Gone are the days of there being any such time as a quiet time. Euston and Victoria in particular are interchange stations that service busy mainline stations as well. Euston is not yet fully "step free" so you may need to get your luggage down steps or escalators. Finding space to stand luggage inside trains can also be a challenge. Given that you're unfamiliar with London and the tube, I would honestly suggest a cab. The price will be tiny in comparison to your holiday, and you get to see a bit of the city too

Edited to add:thinking about it, Victoria is not step free from the Victoria line either, so you will have to haul bags up escalators too.

Edited at 11:10 PM.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KELLYSGIRL
Excited about Disney

Our train is getting in to london euston tho and on trainline it says to get tube from euston to victoria. Do any of u know any good taxi company's i've heard black cabs are more expensive to use.
KELLYSGIRL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Black cabs are usually more expensive but they have an official rank inside each station, so take you door to door. it's true that "the knowledge" of black cab drivers isn't quite what it used to be, but they will get you there by the most efficient route. They can also use bus lanes, which mini cabs (private hire vehicles) cannot. Otherwise you can try Uber or Addison Lee.
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Diznee
Proud to wear my Ears

I'd suggest getting a cab, wouldn't fancy the underground with luggage, it's only just bearable without.

Probably see a few landmarks on that journey too.
Diznee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
KELLYSGIRL
Excited about Disney

How much are the black cabs likely to charge from euston to victoria station i'm not paying ridiculous amounts
Old 21 Mar 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

Black cab will probably be £15-20 depending on traffic. Uber will be about half that, but they can't pick you up in the station, so you'll need to walk out of the station. They also can't drop you directly at Victoria - they normally get you to a side entrance though.
Old 22 Mar 16, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
KELLYSGIRL
Excited about Disney

I don't think i'll be using uber in london heard too many bad reports on them i was looking art the black cab website thingy but i don't have clue about their tariffs and prices ive never been to london before so not sure how far apart the stations are think il just stick to the tube im sure il be fine
Closed Thread