Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 1 Sep 21, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Recommend a Panni press

Well after 39 years our trusty toastie maker died this evening
It was aPhillips and was huge
All the toastie makers other than commercial look rubbish so we think a panni one would suit us better
We used our old one for toasted subs ,pita bread pita pockets etc
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

What's a panni press? 🤔😂
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

It’s like a toastie maker but doesn’t have the section things
At the villa I use the big George Foreman adujustable height grill thing and that’s an option for here the GF takes sub rolls French bread pita pockets wraps etc just more versatile than a toastie maker A d I’ll buy one if it is more practical / useful for us
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

You mean a Pannini maker?
Sorry I laughed but it sounded funny 😉
I have one and use it for those things

Edited at 09:57 PM.
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

A regional divide I guess but always happy to bring a laugh to anyone
Makes you wonder about other things / words does it not
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We have the Breville VST025 Panini Press, it is £26.99 at the moment with Argos. Having previously had toasted sandwich makers, which can be difficult to clean, this is fabulous. I can do 2 toasted sandwiches or 3 paninis at a time. It is also extremely easy to clean.

If doing toasted sandwiches you don’t butter the outside of the bread the way you would with a sandwich maker, just make it as a normal sandwich and then toast.

If anything happened to the one I have I would have no hesitation in purchasing exactly the same one again.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 21, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Andi
That’s great I’ve never ever butteredthe out side of a toastie just wiped the plates after each toastie when the maker was hot and use andca spray of oil on the plates when it’s was cool before putting away as per the instructions 39 years ago it was-a wedding present
Old 1 Sep 21, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

More expensive but we have a Tefal optigrill which is great as a panini press and can also be used for cooking steaks, chicken, any kind of meats - much like a George foreman but better (IMO).
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cheekydeeky View Post
More expensive but we have a Tefal optigrill which is great as a panini press and can also be used for cooking steaks, chicken, any kind of meats - much like a George foreman but better (IMO).
The optigrill is the best thing since sliced bread,great for panini's and does steak to perfection.I wouldn't be without mine.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 21, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

hardcore bit of kit, but we acquired one of these a couple of years ago and absolutely love it...

nisbets/buffalo-bi...waAvmhEALw_wcB

wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List