Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Apr 17, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Bankrupt again?! Day Eleven - Animal Kingdom, Yak & Yeti and Maggianos

We had a lazier start today, and breakfast at home, then ambled over to Animal Kingdom, just to soak up the relaxed atmosphere. On entering the park we came across this amazing tree lady called Divine, she was so graceful, we were transfixed for a while! Spot the lady...

Our first fastpass was for Kali River Rapids, I was there, all smugly ready with our rain ponchos bought at home, thinking how clever we were to do the ride but stay dry... we still got incredibly wet somehow!

George Bethany and Harry ran ahead afterwards to do single rider for Everest, while Terry and I sat in the old people section with our wet bottoms waiting for them!. If it didnt go backwards I would love this ride. Even Bethany said she felt bit sick afterwards. Hearing everyone scream is quite amusing though and it was nice to have a sit down.
Next was 'Its a Bugs Life', cute if you are little, but its a bit dated now. Was still good to do.
We were ready for some lunch now, and my Dibb planning had told me we had to eat at Yak and Yeti, I had even ordered a Landry card especially for the ocassion. It cost $25 to join but you get that credited to your card, and it gives you prioroty seating at certain places.

I had a bit of hassle getting my Landry card to arrive in the UK post, but I have to say it was so worth it, the regular wait time was an hour, and people were just walking away. We had no ADR but waited - two minutes. Result! Even better, I had a nice glass of Pinot Grigio, at lunchtime! Ooo. Daring. Look at me properly enjoying my holiday -

Bethany ordered a very healthy Green Tea, look at the lovely teapot -

We ordered Pork Pot Stickers and Firecracker Shrimp for starters, which were very tasty.

Then our main courses - we were going all out today. Bethany and I had Honey Chicken, with brown rice, and stir fried vegetables, oh yes, vegetables! My body is missing them. The boys had Kobe Burgers and Fries, and Terry just had more Firecracker Shrimp again. He hates chinese food. (And pasta, and rice, he is a potato heathen) When the food came out we were very impressed, it was hot, and oh so tasty! Especially the Honey Chicken, it was to die for. Even Harry agreed he preferred mine to his, so I had to share.

We ate with proper chopsticks, and the manager came over to make sure we were all happy - YES! If you havent tried this place, do it, and get a Landry card, we got money off the bill too which meant my wine was 'free' We left the park feeling full and happy, (again) and on the way out saw this lovely mummy duck with her babies! So sweet! 💜

Animal Kingdom is now my favourite park. Its like a lovely day at the Zoo. A whole flock of Parrots flew right over us as we walked through the park.

We had a nice cup of tea back at the house, then went down to the pool only to find it was closed due to risk of lightning. Terry suggested a stroll around the grounds, but after a few minutes I heard a huge thunder clap and got a bit hysterical and insisted we run for cover before we get killed by lightning!
Here are a couple more photos of our resort, its such a nice size, and beautifully landscaped, notice the lack of sun though...

Instead of swimming I had a lovely little 😴 nap.

Todays video is a little bit of footage of our lovely resort, taken from our balcony, I am getting quite good at this video link thingy! Its not a massively interesting clip, but my mum will like it! I love you mum! 💜 She is making us a shepherds pie for when we get home, thanks mum!

For dinner we went back to Maggianos, at Pointe Orlando on i-drive. Its on a busy road, with a lot of eateries, but worth the journey.

We had a booth again, and I started as I left off at lunch, with a nice glass of wine! House red this time mmm. More reasonable at $14 a large glass.

We had Calamari to start, with the lovely warm sourdough bread. Then I had Johnnys Carbonara, it was a posh version of spaghetti carbonara as we know it, with a poached egg on top. Very nice, but very filling! Bethany and Terry had filet mignon again, and George had pasta with meat sauce. Harry had a flatbread. We felt so full we didnt even order dessert! Think our stomachs are giving up on us!

We got back to the Marriott at around 9pm, and the kids decided to have a late swim, the pool was still lovely and warm.

Terry and I sat nearby at the firepit, and just chatted about our day. Now I am sitting with a decaff tea, and some dark chocolate milky way minis yummy. Step count 13,667. Tomorrow we have a free day, and dinner at the Flying Fish.
Goodnight!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816

Edited at 12:53 PM.
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 03:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Beanie1
Proud to wear my Ears

Good night Louise. I have had lots of wine today. Went to Seaworld and nearly every ride shut due to weather. Had a big dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse with 2 large glasses! Hoping for more sunshine tomorrow. X
Beanie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

What a relaxng day! The food all looks lovely!

Enjoy your relaxing day today!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Thank you! The sun is out again yay! 😊

Our trip reports -
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your resort is so lovely, such a good find. I don't think I've ever seen it in the trip report before.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your resort is so lovely, such a good find. I don't think I've ever seen it in the trip report before.
Yes, it really is, a little gem, we are 10 miles from Disney and 6 from Universal, its lovely and quiet, but has everything we could want. We love it. Marriott is generally a great product but most of their hotels here are gigantic. Everyone says this place is a hidden secret.

Our trip reports -

Edited at 05:46 PM.
Old 5 Apr 17, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Night night, a great day, thanks for sharing.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Another lovely day Louise! Very cool to see Devine, I've still never spotted her yet!

Glad you enjoyed Yak & Yeti, we loved it last year Quite right of you to enjoy a wine too

So cute that you posted that video for your Mum xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Great day! Love love love Maggianos!

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 17, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Lovely day , despite the killer lightning, lol.
nice to take it a bit easier and two really lovely meals as well.
must find our Landry card for our next trip !
Agree with others, a real gem of a resort there, looks so nice
Hope normal weather service is resumed for you
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List