Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It is 90 days in the 180 day period
The 180 days is rolling
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
At what point from do you need to have been to and subsequently left Europe? We travelled in July 2020 and I have neither an entry or exit stamp. Were we still in the transitional period at this point? I can’t remember. 🙈
The transition period ended on 31 Dec 2020, so any trips up to that date would not be relevant, the UK was effectively still treated as an EU member up to that date.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Peko View Post
The transition period ended on 31 Dec 2020, so any trips up to that date would not be relevant, the UK was effectively still treated as an EU member up to that date.
Thank you. I thought that was the case but just wanted to double check. 👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
thehails
Dibbing with Tink

We just come back from The Netherlands via France and all our passports were stamped going into France and coming back.

It was a really easy journey, none of the huge folder of paperwork i had filled in for us prior to leaving was asked for, not even our covid passes at French passport control, we werent stopped by the police at all in France, Belgium or The Netherlands, as we'd been told we were sure to be because of driving a car with a UK plate on it, in fact the only check point we came across was between Belgium and France and we were waved straight through!

Sorry that second part was a little off topic but thought it might be helpful to anybody due to drive in Europe in the near future
thehails is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Just checked my passport from my trip to France on the Eurotunnel in October and I was stamped on the way, but not on the way back! So hopefully that won't cause any trouble when I next go... Entering from the UK again clearly shows I left!

Another reason why Brexit is completely stupid.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mr-paul View Post
Just checked my passport from my trip to France on the Eurotunnel in October and I was stamped on the way, but not on the way back! So hopefully that won't cause any trouble when I next go... Entering from the UK again clearly shows I left!

Shows you left, doesn't show when you left, I would take a printout of your previous itinerary in case you are asked
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mr-paul View Post

Could you contact the French border control/guard and explain what happened and ask them what you need to do to prove that you left? I’d be worried all that time wondering if I’d be allowed back in.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 21, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mr-paul
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
Shows you left, doesn't show when you left, I would take a printout of your previous itinerary in case you are asked
Yeah I'll have my return ticket to show if questioned. French border control are fairly lax anyway, I don't imagine they'll be pulling us up on it - must be thousands who haven't been stamped.

Have just read they're getting rid of stamps in mid 2022 and just recording it digitally, anyway.
mr-paul is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List