Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are the Millers - Let's do Halloween! Sept/Oct 2019. Day 6

Day 6.

We all woke up at around 7.30am today. After having our normal breakfast & getting ready, we left for Epcot. We got through the turnstiles at 8.50am and waited with everyone else for them to release us properly into the park. Once were were set free, I separated from Aaron and Laura and while they bee lined for Soarin, I took Edith to see Joy & Beymax. As expected she wasn’t too keen, especially with Beymax but the pics are good anyway.

I carried on into the Land with Edith and waited outside Soarin for Aaron and Laura to come off. I tried my luck with a CM and asked if I could get a child swap even though they had already gone on the ride. She said it was fine & added it to my Magicband. While I was waiting, Jon and Lisa found me. We chatted for a moment and then when Aaron and Laura were finished, I head onto Soarin using my newly acquired FP while they all popped to the food area. The ride was great as usual, a firm favourite of mine. I found the others after, they were sharing some treats, a whoopee pie & a turtle brownie.

Our Land FP was open by the time we finished so we all grabbed a seat on a boat. Im not entirely sure why but I absolutely love this ride. It’s so relaxing and peaceful. Edith loves it too, the fish & the animal section near the start are definite highlights for her. She also loved spotting familiar fruit & veg.

We walked into World Showcase next to try and meet Anna and Elsa. I was so excited for this. Edith is absolutely obsessed with Frozen and having seen her scared of all the fully costumed / masked characters, I was keen to see if the princesses were any different for her. The queue said 30 minutes so we joined. There isn’t much I would queue that long for but this was a must for me. Thankfully, we only waited about 10 minutes. We got Edith changed in the queue into her Anna dress and soon it was her turn! We let Ceci go first so Edith could see the interaction and then I head in with her. Thankfully she loved it. She was in absolute awe of the characters and wouldn’t look at the camera at all. I was able to walk away & leave her on her own which was fabulous. I just LOVE these photos. What a memory. Of course, she didn’t say a word while she was with them but as we walked away to let the next family in she turned, waved and said ‘Bye Bye Elsa’, oh my heart!

Frozen Ever After was next and again, I knew she would absolutely love it. In fact, it’s this ride that got her so obsessed with Frozen in the first place when we visited in May. The ride was great of course & Edith spent the whole time engrossed in all the characters & music. It seems she wasn't too sure about the drop though

We carried on around WS next, grabbing the occasional snack / drink. I know I had a rum drink but I can’t remember where from, China maybe? Aaron grabbed a beef dish from somewhere which was nice, it was coffee rubbed. It was such a small portion though and left us wanting more.

Jon and Lisa grabbed hot dogs in Germany, we all got bread in France and then Aaron got a platter in Mexico. It was all really good. There are just so many nice snack options in Epcot.

On the way out we all jumped in the queue for Spaceship Earth as it was only 10 minutes. This is another ride I love, it could put me to sleep I'm sure, so relaxing.

After that we called it a day, said bye to Jon and Lisa and head back to the hotel. Aaron and I were tired after last nights HHN so we had an hours nap while Laura watched TV with Edith. Once we were awake, we took her for another swim as she asked every day to go ’wimmin’, while Laura had an hours nap.

The plan this evening had been to head back to Epcot to see the new fireworks display but we were only heading to dinner at 7pm so it just wasn’t going to happen. We ditched that idea and just enjoyed a relaxing dinner. Longhorn was the restaurant of choice, an as has been the case on the last 4 trips, it turned out to be our favourite meal of the whole holiday.

I went for the Prime Rib, Aaron had the Ribeye and Laura had Chicken Tenders as she doesn’t eat red meat. Edith just shared with us all. Laura rarely makes a dent in her meal so we know there is always plenty for Edith to share. We also grabbed a small appetiser of Spicy Chicken Bites. Laura and I upgraded our side salad to the strawberry & pecan option and it was absolutely game changing. I will never look at salads the same way again, so bloomin delicious! Edith loved the loaded baked potato & I even managed to sneak some broccoli into her under the potato.

On the way back from the hotel, we popped into Dollar Tree for a mooch. We grabbed a few toys for Edith, some Snickers ice creams and Edith a massive heart balloon to save us forking out for a Mickey one in Disney. We were back at the hotel & in bed by 10.30pm.

Edited at 09:52 PM.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYNIC
Excited about Disney

I love Edith's outfits. Great photos with Anna and Elsa.

Trip Report October/November 2019:-
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1150263
DISNEYNIC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Fab day. Edith's photographs with Anna and Elsa are fab. A real memory to treasure! I still remember my daugter's first meet with Arial. She was 3 at the time and it was magical.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 19, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

What wonderful photos of Edith with Anna and Elsa.
I have a similar one of my daughter when she was only a bit older than Edith in DLP when we met Ariel who was her absolute favourite character at the time. She was so in awe of seeing a real life princess!
Love Longhorn too, we’ve never had a bad meal in there either!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by DISNEYNIC View Post
I love Edith's outfits. Great photos with Anna and Elsa.
Thanks, I do enjoy dressing her

Originally Posted by Ariel's Mum View Post
Fab day. Edith's photographs with Anna and Elsa are fab. A real memory to treasure! I still remember my daugter's first meet with Arial. She was 3 at the time and it was magical.
They're beautiful memories aren't they. Just magic. x

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
What wonderful photos of Edith with Anna and Elsa.
I have a similar one of my daughter when she was only a bit older than Edith in DLP when we met Ariel who was her absolute favourite character at the time. She was so in awe of seeing a real life princess!
Love Longhorn too, we’ve never had a bad meal in there either!
Oooh Longhorn, it's so delicious.

The photos are amazing aren't they, what a moment to treasure.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Lovely photos you can’t beat Longhorn

Joan
Old 26 Oct 19, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

So pleased Edith enjoyed meeting Anna & Elsa the photos look so cute with her dress on. Nice to see Jon with a baguette it feels like you were definitely in Epcot
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great photos of Edith with Anna and Elsa

Another lovely day.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 19, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely photos you can’t beat Longhorn

Joan
We find it hard at the moment, consistently good food and no where else compares.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
So pleased Edith enjoyed meeting Anna & Elsa the photos look so cute with her dress on. Nice to see Jon with a baguette it feels like you were definitely in Epcot
That boy and his baguettes! I think on a 5 day trip he ate about 8 of them

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Great photos of Edith with Anna and Elsa

Another lovely day.
She really loved that meet, memories to treasure
Old 15 Aug 21, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
What lovely photos of Edith with Anna and Elsa!