Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Nov 21, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
amf
Apprentice Imagineer

I've been unsuccessful using Firefox on PC and chrome on mobile. Tried 2 different credit cards. Error message mentions problem with form of payment.
amf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
If you go via budget/en/reservatio...-modify-cancel theres a Digital Check In button.

If you've been un/sucessful, would you mind confirming if you're using a debit / credit card and also which web browser you used. Just trying to figure out why some customers seem to be accepted whilst others don't. Also, any error messages you get so I can feed this back to Budget.

I'm awaiting an update from Budget to see if they can provide any more info.
Credit card.

Safari on my phone. Chrome on the laptop.

There’s a credit card populated ending in 677(is that yours Andy?).

I add mine in and I get the error “the credit card number you have entered is not valid. Please check to ensure that you have the right credit card type and number.”
Softy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

If you go via budget/en/reservatio...-modify-cancel theres a Digital Check In button.

If you've been un/sucessful, would you mind confirming if you're using a debit / credit card and also which web browser you used. Just trying to figure out why some customers seem to be accepted whilst others don't. Also, any error messages you get so I can feed this back to Budget.

I was successful on Safari on the desktop with a credit card.
sparkles18 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by adz_jh View Post
I've been unsuccessful on Firefox and via mobile and have tried 2x credit and 1x debit. ( Forgot to say that when emailing you earlier )
Per my email - I've tried 2 laptops, a phone, iPad and various browsers. The site didn't allow me to use my USA debit card so I've added a UK credit card.
Hope that helps to troubleshoot!
Sarah
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
whelley wigan
Excited about Disney

I managed to check in back in July for December Budget rental via BA.
Used this link: budget/budget-digital-check-in
Using MacBook Pro laptop and Safari was the web browser and AMEX card.
Im not sure the hardware or browser choice would make a huge difference though.
Old 11 Nov 21, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

I did it on Budget.com site, probably chrome, possibly microsoft edge, visa credit card details saved on laptop. Booked through BA, Budget number is on their car voucher.
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
We've used Budget a number of times and never had a 'hard sell'. They just work a lot slower than we're used to in the UK, and people are fractious after a long flight. You just say no thank you to an upgrade of car/insurance, sign the papers get the keys and go to your car. If you don't like it you can swop for another, it's quite simple.

I'm another who's done online check in through a third party, BA - I thought I'd already written that on here but can't see it!

ETA - there's another very similar thread running at the moment, hence my confusion!
I'd appreciate any past experiences of how this has worked if you have a moment Archibald
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you mean how did we swop the car? They give you the keys to a car at the counter (which I prefer rather than having to mess about choosing one from a row), then go to the garage, get in and drive off. If you don't want that particular car you just ask for another and they get you the keys.

Another time (probably Budget as we tend to use them most) tyre pressure light kept coming on, I got pressure checked at garage and there was no problem, garage said to take it back and swop it if it was annoying - it was - so went to depot and swopped it for another.

If this isn't what you were asking, I apologise and I need more guidance!
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingbhoy
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by archibald View Post
Not sure exactly what you're asking. Do you mean how did we swop the car? They give you the keys to a car at the counter (which I prefer rather than having to mess about choosing one from a row), then go to the garage, get in and drive off. If you don't want that particular car you just ask for another and they get you the keys.

Another time (probably Budget as we tend to use them most) tyre pressure light kept coming on, I got pressure checked at garage and there was no problem, garage said to take it back and swop it if it was annoying - it was - so went to depot and swopped it for another.

If this isn't what you were asking, I apologise and I need more guidance!
That's perfect, thanks.

I was just surprised to hear you could ask for a different car at the rental desk and they'd give you another.
Kingbhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 21, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Antsp
Excited about Disney

Hi Andy,

I have 2 separate booking for Budget, booked through yourself, I can’t get anywhere with ‘skip the counter’
Antsp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List