Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Nov 21, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

This shows it would be no good for us. Too late most of the bookings. It was sold as a WDW Maxpass, from my understanding of that it was easy to get great rides in quick succession. I’m now left simply not knowing what to do. It’s poor if you don’t stay all day in the parks, there is no doubt about it from what I’ve seen. I will try one day though to see if this is correct.
Old 17 Nov 21, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by princessnicki View Post
eek this makes me nervous for my trip next year, we are planning early-mid Nov expecting it to be "quieter" it's crazy how quickly LL times go and how late the return times are, I was only planning on using it for ROTR and then just queue for the rest but guess it depends how busy it is.
I'm hoping it was just bad today because it's a Saturday - maybe the LL won't go quite as quickly during the week? I'll keep an eye on it today and see when most of the main attractions run out.

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
This shows it would be no good for us. Too late most of the bookings. It was sold as a WDW Maxpass, from my understanding of that it was easy to get great rides in quick succession. I’m now left simply not knowing what to do. It’s poor if you don’t stay all day in the parks, there is no doubt about it from what I’ve seen. I will try one day though to see if this is correct.
I think in Magic Kingdom it would work a lot better because there's so many attractions. On the tip board right now the only things with return times over an hour away are Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan's Flight.

But in Hollywood Studios I don't just thinking it can work like that - unless like a previous posted said, you just stack some LL's for the evening and do something else during the day.
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the G+ LL lowdown
All new to me as I haven’t kept up with the new system but glad it got you on the rides you wanted, eventually and at a price…
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Thank you for this trip report, it's very interesting. Crazy how late your return times were from the beginning but it does seem like you had a good day.

I think Hollywood Studios will encounter the most problems with Genie+, especially on a busy day.

We would usually try to avoid it on a weekend but when we go my son turnes 14 on a Saturday so looks like we will be going to Hollywood studios too.
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
catalunya
Excited about Disney

Hi Rebecca! We had exactly the same experience as you did with G+ at HS - all the return times were later in the day. Luckily for us, we did MK in the morning (No G+) and then went to HS in the afternoon, so it worked for us.

We found it useful addition for a short trip when you are only there for the day and keen to ride everything.

I agree with your point on MK having more rides and therefore more choice - when we'd finished at HS, the tip board was stating how there were still available LL times at MK if we had wanted to go back (we didn't, we were done) so people may find it more flexible in that park for sure.
POR - May 2015 | DLP Newport Bay - Nov 2016 | SSR - May 2017 | Surprise BC upgrade! - Dec 2018 | ASM & SFR - Nov 2021 | PFB & CBR - Sept 2022 | POP & DCL Magic - June 2023 | PFB - Sept 2023 | DCL Dream - Dec 2023 | Universal - May 2024
catalunya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The whole Genie thing is totally stressing 😳
I’m hoping that by our trip I will have mastered the understanding/need for it
Another great day , thanks 🙏🏻
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Gosh it sounds like a military operation. I don't know how we will get on as six adults next October. Will it be more difficult for a larger party I wonder? We don't mind spending some time doing different things, but I'd like to think we could enjoy some rides together.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by catalunya View Post
Hi Rebecca! We had exactly the same experience as you did with G+ at HS - all the return times were later in the day. Luckily for us, we did MK in the morning (No G+) and then went to HS in the afternoon, so it worked for us.

We found it useful addition for a short trip when you are only there for the day and keen to ride everything.

I agree with your point on MK having more rides and therefore more choice - when we'd finished at HS, the tip board was stating how there were still available LL times at MK if we had wanted to go back (we didn't, we were done) so people may find it more flexible in that park for sure.
I think doing one park in the morning and then stacking Genie+ LL's in the evening might have been better for us too - must try that on the next trip!

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Gosh it sounds like a military operation. I don't know how we will get on as six adults next October. Will it be more difficult for a larger party I wonder? We don't mind spending some time doing different things, but I'd like to think we could enjoy some rides together.
I think to utilise it fully you do need to have a plan of action in mind - I'm not totally sure how it works with larger parties but I think as long as you're all linked on MDE family and friends you won't have an issue.
Old 20 Nov 21, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Interesting to read about your experience of paying for lightning lanes and Genie+ at HS. As you said it does seem crazy thst all the return times were so late, it's not like you were slow off the mark in the morning! Still the afternoon and evening seemed fun and you were able to ride everything you wanted.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 21, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Gorgeous photo of Tower of Terror.
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List