Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Excited about Disney

gutted for you but what a fantastic positive view you have. I will be looking out for updates from you for rearranging etc if the PCR does come back positive. Staysure and Virgin are what I'm just about to book ... keeping everything crossed for you that PCR comes back negative and that you still get to go.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Oh no that is so sad for you, I hope you just have a light dose of it. Hopefully you can still get there soon.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Excited about Disney

So sorry to hear this xx
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LouH
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
So I知 flying to Orlando on Wednesday. Sorry, I should be flying but I just tested positive for Covid. Had 2 lateral flow tests and both confirmed I知 positive so I致e got a PCR booked for tomorrow. Fully expecting it to be positive too. Imagine going the whole pandemic without catching it and then getting it less than a week before you go on holiday. Devastated.

Still I知 hoping to make this in to a learning experience for us Dibbers and I値l let you know how I get on with cancelling/rearranging travel plans. Im insured through Staysure, booked directly with Virgin and Disney for the most part.
One of my kids caught covid 6 days before we were due to go to Turkey in October half term.

Also insured with staysure - really easy and paid out in 5 weeks to the day of initial contact
LouH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
It's why I won't book anything. I really can't be doing with the hassle or stress
I知 the same as we had COVID on the 9th November and my daughter tested positive 2 days later and she was crying her eyes out as she was worried she was gonna miss her school break with her friends to Wales but lucky her isolation day ended on the Saturday night so she was allowed to go but I can稚 imagine having to tell my daughter we not going to Disney after not been since 2016 and instead of spending 14 nights at Disney we got to spend 10 days stuck at home 😢 if it means we going in 2024 instead of 23 so be it.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

So sorry, keep us updated x
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Beachgirl71
Trading Disney Pins

Oh no! Hoping for a negative test!
Beachgirl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
VIP Dibber

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So sorry to read this! Hope rearranging goes ok for you !
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Have you had your PCR results back?
Hope you are ok
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kermit1982
Getting Excited

Awwww so sorry to read and how lovely of you to turn your negative in to a positive for other dibbers who may encounter same as you.

We booked in May with Disney, flights booked in Oct with BA for July 2022 and took out Annual Comprehensive insurance With Staysure in July. So scared after reading so much stories about insurance not covering you etc so will be great to have some feedback.

Really hope your results are negative though and what a topper of a dibber.

Xxx
kermit1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List