Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Bestbubba
Imagineer

We're due to fly to LA on 15th. I was so happy but I've got that cold, dread, feeling inside again. We're lucky that we're both retired so can just hibernate from now till we're due to go though. We've just video called with our son in California, he said the whole tone over there seems to have changed, taking this very seriously, New York have declared a state of emergency seemingly in anticipation of a huge amount of cases. Lots of talk on their TV about Europe and this new variant. All we can do is hope for the best and try and stay positive.
Bestbubba is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lme30005
Apprentice Imagineer

I've got that sinking feeling too, after so long of waiting to have a holiday and meet up with my US inlaws, it might not happen. In theory we can still go right now, but who knows what Biden or Bozo will do in the next couple of weeks. Kids have all got colds and worried about them catching covid right before we do the tests. So much feels like it could go wrong
lme30005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
I'm somewhat lacking in confidence about my February trip!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

I'm meant to be flying to Orlando in 2 weeks and having a bit of a wobble. Really worried that they'll ban us again 🤯
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bestbubba View Post
We're due to fly to LA on 15th. I was so happy but I've got that cold, dread, feeling inside again. We're lucky that we're both retired so can just hibernate from now till we're due to go though. We've just video called with our son in California, he said the whole tone over there seems to have changed, taking this very seriously, New York have declared a state of emergency seemingly in anticipation of a huge amount of cases. Lots of talk on their TV about Europe and this new variant. All we can do is hope for the best and try and stay positive.
Florida don't seem to care still thankfully. Here now and having a great time!
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Andy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I'm meant to be flying to Orlando in 2 weeks and having a bit of a wobble. Really worried that they'll ban us again 🤯
I would be shocked if there is a blanket ban again considering this variant will be everywhere including the US anyway.
Worst comes to worst, they might make you do a PCR after landing?

Its all ridiculous though and life without having things to look forward to is crap. Been 2 years of this now...just so glad I have managed a trip but it shouldn't be like this.
Mr Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MUAlumni
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
My concern is isolation upon arrival, I don’t mind doing a test upon arrival but any kind of isolation suddenly eats into holiday time
MUAlumni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Andy View Post
I would be shocked if there is a blanket ban again considering this variant will be everywhere including the US anyway.
Worst comes to worst, they might make you do a PCR after landing?

Its all ridiculous though and life without having things to look forward to is crap. Been 2 years of this now...just so glad I have managed a trip but it shouldn't be like this.
Hope you’re having a lovely time
Old 27 Nov 21, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Egon
slightly serious Dibber

Absolutely fed up with this now. How has it gotten to the point whereby you work your butt off for so long and look forward to your hard earned break to absolutely dreading the news going on about new variants, tests and travel bans! It's not a bloody holiday, it's a countdown to mild panic attacks and Gin addiction!
Egon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dogwalker View Post
I literally want to cry right now but I am trying to keep some perspective - it’s really hard though

I am due to fly on Saturday after 9 cancelled flights.

I can live with a day 2 PCR, even though the isolation period causes me problems with work, but my biggest fear is that the US implement some kind of testing/isolation on arrival.

I have my fit to fly LF test booked for this coming Weds and a day 2 LF test also booked. I don’t even care about additional costs of PCRs (although obviously not ideal). I’m just so desperate to get back out there now and today feels like a real kick in the teeth.

That’s it, rant over. I’ll try and cheer up now
The US isn’t set up for that (your biggest fear). It never has and never will be.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List