Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 21, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Thanks for all the tips - they are really helpful. I don't think we'd be going if it was just us, but my Dad and his partner will be coming, along with 2 of my brothers - so baby will have grandparents and uncles to help out a little bit too.

We've been several times before so won't feel the need to cram everything in and I think we'll end up doing shorter days with more time spent at villa. And with it being late Nov/early Dec though it'll still be warm it won't be the high high temperatures of mid summer - so we're hoping that'll help, especially during evenings.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

We had our baby in July, he will be 13 months when we go. If I am honest, I am more worried about my then to be 5 year old rather than our DS. I think it all depends on baby's personality, which you wont know until they are born.

A baby is born with their temperament in my experience. My DD was born screaming and was very hard to settle, even the midwives could not settle her in the hospital. She is still the same age 4, although we now know how to manage her tantrums and they are getting less frequent now. Our DS, even though he is only 4 months, he only cries for a reason and is so chilled out. The only times he is more grizzly is when he is unwell.

We plan on taking our silver cross reflex umbrella fold buggy. We are going to purchase a bag for it to put in for the flight. The reason we are going to take this one is it has a hood on it that folds right down to the waist (The furthest I have seen) with vents etc so it will be great protection for DS in the heat and the back also collapses down completely flat, making it ideal for nap times. We do have a cheaper buggy that we used on a previous UK holiday but prefer the silver cross so much more for this type of holiday. We are going to purchase a fan for the buggy, pack nappies in with the car seats (as we are taking those) and just follow the kids pace.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
All-smiles
Excited about Disney

Oh I just thought too- Buy MAM anti colic bottles - You can sterilise them in the microwave either on their own or together and therefore you don't need a steriliser. We recently went on a UK holiday in a caravan for a week when DS was just 3 months and did this - it was so easy.
All-smiles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List