Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Nov 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Urgent question about BA e voucher

Ive given up getting through to BA

Ive flights booked 24th Dec
Economy in
Premium out

When they produce an e voucher am I stuck with the same class of seats of can I spend my money credit against any new fare ?

Urgently scrambling a new flight next Monday and BA have changed their website. So last week it was easy to change flight dates. Today - errors !

Im just going to book with another company and get a BA voucher
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
yozza1977
Getting Excited

An evoucher is just a credit note for the value of the flights. It is used like a gift card on the BA website when you book. This is not to be confused with a FTV, which can't be used online, but is only given ouy when the booking contains Avios or is a BA holidays cancellation
yozza1977 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Danex
slightly serious Dibber

I believe you can use it for any class, it’s just a voucher with a certain monetary value
Danex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Stitchesmumanddad View Post
Ive given up getting through to BA

Ive flights booked 24th Dec
Economy in
Premium out

When they produce an e voucher am I stuck with the same class of seats of can I spend my money credit against any new fare ?

Urgently scrambling a new flight next Monday and BA have changed their website. So last week it was easy to change flight dates. Today - errors !

Im just going to book with another company and get a BA voucher
We had a BA voucher which was originally for car hire in Florida, that trip was cancelled by BA and I had already used it once against new flights for 4 people which we cancelled ourselves and new voucher was issued with no problems.
We used the new voucher Friday last week to book a 3 night Universal hotel and 3 park explorer Universal tickets. I called the premium number 0844 493 0787 and got through in about 10 minutes, was then on hold for about 30 minutes but the CS lady sorted everything there and then and email confirmation arrived immediately.
Hope this helps and you have as positive experience as we did for the small cost of about a tenner

Edited at 03:06 PM.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Oh fabulous ! Cheers all
Ive changed my flights twice already - adding extra costs
So I “think” the have £1200 of my money - which I’ll worry about using in the future - just wanna get there next week ( Biden allowing ) x
Old 2 Dec 21, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by yozza1977 View Post
An evoucher is just a credit note for the value of the flights. It is used like a gift card on the BA website when you book. This is not to be confused with a FTV, which can't be used online, but is only given ouy when the booking contains Avios or is a BA holidays cancellation
What's a FTV please ? I've booked flights on with BA (Business on 12th Dec , Return WTP on 23rd Dec) with Amex reward vouchers, cash and Avios. Do you know what my options / I'd get if cancelling tomorrow. Thanks.
RAS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by RAS View Post
What's a FTV please ? I've booked flights on with BA (Business on 12th Dec , Return WTP on 23rd Dec) with Amex reward vouchers, cash and Avios. Do you know what my options / I'd get if cancelling tomorrow. Thanks.
Future travel voucher. Can’t be used online. You have to call to use. They’re given for anything more complex than a flight only booking.

In your situation, If you cancelled for a voucher you will get an FTV with everything (including the amex voucher) tied up in the FTV.

If yours is a full Avios reward booking (and not a part pay with Avios) then you can cancel up to 24 hours before for a full refund of everything less a £35 per person fee (which has always been the case). If you take an FTV there is no charge.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
RAS
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
In your situation, If you cancelled for a voucher you will get an FTV with everything (including the amex voucher) tied up in the FTV.
I used (x2) Amex flight reward vouchers, they were due to 'expire' March & May next year. Are you saying that if i cancel my flight ( i only have a flights booked) a FTV issued would just have a monetary (how would they calculate that , i booked using reward voucher, Avios & cash) value thereby I would not have to worry about booking before the date they would of originally expired ? Or would I get my vouchers re-instated with original expiry date + something else ? Thanks.
RAS is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Dec 21, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
Future travel voucher. Can’t be used online. You have to call to use. They’re given for anything more complex than a flight only booking.

If yours is a full Avios reward booking (and not a part pay with Avios) then you can cancel up to 24 hours before for a full refund of everything less a £35 per person fee (which has always been the case). If you take an FTV there is no charge.
Future Travel Vouchers can be used online. You do the booking online then reply to the email with the new booking reference and the FTV is then used against it. If you pay out any money when making the new booking, it's taken account of. I've done this for next year's Orlando flights and airport hotel after cancelling my Christmas visit New Orleans flights and airport hotel. It's easy to do and saves hanging on the phone for ages.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Future Travel Vouchers can be used online. You do the booking online then reply to the email with the new booking reference and the FTV is then used against it. If you pay out any money when making the new booking, it's taken account of. I've done this for next year's Orlando flights and airport hotel after cancelling my Christmas visit New Orleans flights and airport hotel. It's easy to do and saves hanging on the phone for ages.
What you’ve described is the manual process. I’ve mentioned that a few times on here about emailing after. When people ask about online it’s inputting the voucher code during the booking process, which only the evoucher can do.
In any case the emailing doesn’t work when an amex reward voucher has been used (which I was helping Ras with). Firstly, You’d need another to book online, plus they wouldn’t then apply the FTV to the booking in this scenario.

Edited at 10:05 AM.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List