Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Nov 21, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
Yes, really hope we see each other on that flight 🤞🏻😀 It is going to be a stressful three weeks! Are you on the 4th Jan return as well?
Yes back on the 4th! currently trying to work out what if any effect this has for my daughter who would be travelling on a 'Covid recovery' letter
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by superry View Post
Yes back on the 4th! currently trying to work out what if any effect this has for my daughter who would be travelling on a 'Covid recovery' letter
Crikey, something else to think about! All we can do is hope it gets better rather than worse by the 4th
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hi
For anyone looking to get tested at MCO I would strongly suggest making an appointment. Went to the airport today about 11:30 to enquire if the test result received complies with fit to travel and the queue for walk up antigen testing was knee deep and no spaces for PCR tests. Was assured the email would have all the information required for travel back to Ireland.. We’ll find out in a weeks time,
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
For anyone looking to get tested at MCO I would strongly suggest making an appointment. Went to the airport today about 11:30 to enquire if the test result received complies with fit to travel and the queue for walk up antigen testing was knee deep and no spaces for PCR tests. Was assured the email would have all the information required for travel back to Ireland.. We’ll find out in a weeks time,
Alex
You can book it online up to 2 weeks in advance, you need to be in US or use a vpn, follow the link from the MCO website, use your hotel/villa address, no payment is needed when booking.
superry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
superry
Having Dinner with Goofy

Can anyone else recommend places to get a test out in Orlando that could be used to fly back? ie. can we get them done in CVS or Walgreens as a walk in?
Old 3 Dec 21, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

I heard on another forum that we can do Walgreens etc as a drive through, we would need to get an uber but when I looked they seem to need a good 24 hours for results. Unless I read that wrong. We were going to try testing on 3rd for flight home on 4th and then if the option on the 3rd was delayed etc we could try MCO on the 4th, Aer Lingus flight is very late in the day anyway

Other options I have found are Fasttest near Universal, Beeper MD who say they come to you but no idea of the type of cert you would get

I am going to email fasttest I think ( see what they say)for the 3rd and maybe book MCO for the 4th also.
scottishgirl1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scottishgirl1 View Post
I heard on another forum that we can do Walgreens etc as a drive through, we would need to get an uber but when I looked they seem to need a good 24 hours for results. Unless I read that wrong. We were going to try testing on 3rd for flight home on 4th and then if the option on the 3rd was delayed etc we could try MCO on the 4th, Aer Lingus flight is very late in the day anyway

Other options I have found are Fasttest near Universal, Beeper MD who say they come to you but no idea of the type of cert you would get

I am going to email fasttest I think ( see what they say)for the 3rd and maybe book MCO for the 4th also.
Will these test places definitely test tourists?
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by superry View Post
Get lateral flow in US? can we do this? how much? Could we take supervised UK tests with us?
I read an article earlier that said PCR or "a medically-supervised antigen test, rather than one done at home".
SamH88 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridadreams
Imagineer

Mobile

Also the antigen test option is only for those fully vaccinated (12-15 year olds with one jab are not considered fully vaccinated in EU). For non vaccinated (and 12-15 year olds from UK) it has to be PCR
Floridadreams is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishgirl1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
Will these test places definitely test tourists?
I dont really have the answers yet and thats why I am going to contact fasttest also not sure if can mention but disboards have a Canadian forum and as they have to get tested before travelling home their experience is probably relevant to us

Also we are 3 currently fully vaccinated adults so unless the rules change again, we are looking at antigen test which obviously gets our results quicker

Edited at 07:22 PM.