Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Dec 21, 03:12 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Kev Harrison View Post
Lol. You lose 1 point for the use of the term “fizz” !
The only reason I used fizz was that it's fizzy wine not champagne. Which is obviously bubbly 😂

Actually the main meal was ok - lamb hot pot which was very tasty. I have had a lot worse.

I think the worst thing was they kept saying it would be 2 hours then another 30 mins etc. so they had all that time - had changed the plane type so needed to change everyone's seats and they left it until boarding to let everyone know and change boarding cards. Families had been split up so it took ages to rectify. Why couldn't they have called people up to the desk while we were waiting? Had they done this then they wouldn't have been over 3 hours late so having to pay out compensation to people.
Feb 2003 AKL, April 2003 Villa, June 2003 ASMu Nov 2003 OKW, Dec 2003 CSR & PVR, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 RPR & OKW, Dec 2012 POFQ & BLT. Aug 2015 Disney Magic, Sep 2016 ASsports, Sep 2019 OKW, March 2020, Holiday Inn Celebration. 2021 CSR, Sep 22 Pop Century, BLT & AKL. Feb23 Dockside US. Aug 23 Disney Dream, Jan 24 ASSp Sep 2024 ASSp
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
wikkle jan
Imagineer

wikkle jan's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I was always a V girl but with the prices as they are i have also gone to BA...I'm not a drinker so that does not bother me and i always take snacks and a coke...

Its from A..B at the best price for me... Will be 1st time BA for me so i will just have to wait and see...
wikkle jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Loved virgin PE the old one where it was the whole of the bubble that was great value.

Don’t like BA having to pay for seats in PE and Even club is beyond ridiculous.

We try to fly with a US airline
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PopAlways
Excited about Disney

I can report that the Virgin prices from Manchester for my dates in May are still bonkers….
The 9:20 flight is £1391, the 11:20 seems almost reasonable by comparison at £978. 😁
Flown Virgin for so many years now, but not at these prices.
PopAlways is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

Utter nonsense.
Virgin, BA, are not charities they are not government departments where costs don’t matter.
Because you think it’s overpriced doesn’t make it greed, it’s financial economics.
They have a workforce to pay, they have aircraft to service and pay for, they don’t have the taxpayers to pay their costs.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
Utter nonsense.
Virgin, BA, are not charities they are not government departments where costs don’t matter.
Because you think it’s overpriced doesn’t make it greed, it’s financial economics.
They have a workforce to pay, they have aircraft to service and pay for, they don’t have the taxpayers to pay their costs.
I see what you are saying but surely pricing yourself out of the market can never be seen as good practice.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I see what you are saying but surely pricing yourself out of the market can never be seen as good practice.
Hi Sue, I too wondered about their pricing, but if they're selling seats at the prices they set they may continue in that vein.

Not long now Sue, not sure about Orlando weather, it's been great here, hopefully it remains good for you
Old 2 Dec 21, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

The high pricing is a mixture of two things, supply and demand and also virgin have borrowed to the hilt to keep afloat so that has to be paid back.
Take for example manchester airport, 3 years ago you had Virgin, Thomas cook, Tui, United, Delta, Us airways and American Airlines all fighting for transatlantic passenger's. All that's left is virgin and aerlingus, god knows when Tui will restart to orlando, so there is a massive drop in seats available and that's just from Manchester.
Old 2 Dec 21, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

I was looking for an 11 night trip next September for HHN, my go to is always Virgin, but similar price issue! I ended up booking with TUI and booked package with stay at Rosen Plaza as well, and it was over £1500 cheaper than just flights with VA! I will still use VA though if I find prices reasonable, but I couldn't argue with that!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
If they dont sell they will reassess prices and even whether a particular route is viable.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List