Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Dec 21, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilli-pepper
Imagineer

I have no problem with the testing 24hrs before - but as said previously as long as we have enough notice to do so.

We go Friday and we could quarantine if required (in a villa) although it is not something we want to do, but at this point in all honesty I just want to get my holiday over and done with - cant say I am particularly looking forward to it and have concerns what will pan out over the next couple of weeks.

I plan to get all my essential shopping done in the first couple of days, the 'must haves' that I have now run out of so that I am ready if we need to abandon and come home early. Once I have all my shopping done we can then just take each day as it comes and see what happens.

Edited at 07:52 AM.
Chilli-pepper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 07:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Chilli-pepper View Post
I have no problem with the testing 24hrs before - but as said previously as long as we have enough notice to do so.

We go Friday and we could quarantine if required (in a villa) although it is not something we want to do, but at this point in all honesty I just want to get my holiday over and done with - cant say I am particularly looking forward to it and have concerns what will pan out over the next couple of weeks.

I plan to get all my essential shopping done in the first couple of days, the 'must haves' that I have now run out of so that I am ready if we need to abandon and come home early. Once I have all my shopping done we can then just take each day as it comes and see what happens.
this is exactly us!

We too want it over and done with which sounds so odd to say but after so many changes, extra charges and so on and on its got to happen

The 7 day QT would put us in a villa but we are travelling via taxi to villa and getting another taxi day after to get car! I can see how QT could work but for people in small hotel rooms it just wouldn't work
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

So glad we have nothing booked. Just utter madness, all of it. Sorry to all those having to go through it all…. These holidays aren’t cheap and any excitement must be drained from you.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

No one would want to go on holiday and quarantine for 7 days. Why would anyone even consider that?

24 hour testing would be fine with enough notice.
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

US supposedly mooting day 3 testing of all travellers and 7 day quarantine

Edit, another thread on Trip planning here, please comment on that:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1209375

In the New York Times this morning.

My heart sank when I read this, hopefully the quarantine section will not be put in as this would destroy any hopes of holidays:

“The Biden administration is preparing stricter testing requirements for all travelers entering the United States, including returning Americans, to curb the spread of the potentially dangerous omicron variant, according to three federal health officials.

As part of an enhanced winter covid strategy Biden is expected to announce Thursday, U.S. officials would require everyone entering the country to be tested one day before boarding flights, regardless of their vaccination status or country of departure. Administration officials are also considering a requirement that all travelers get retested within three to five days of arrival.

In addition, they are debating a controversial proposal to require all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to self-quarantine for seven days, even if their test results are negative. Those who flout the requirements might be subject to fines and penalties, the first time such penalties would be linked to testing and quarantine measures for travelers in the United States.

The two testing measures are detailed in a draft public health order written by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that is under review by officials at the U.S. Health and Human Services Department and the White House. The self quarantine-related measures are not in that draft but could be added later if the proposals win broader sign-off, said the officials who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the order has not been finalized.“

Edit, White House are also speaking about it

Edited at 08:54 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Another thread running here.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
Another thread running here.
Thanks hadn’t seen that one. Perhaps leave this thread here so people are aware who look on Current Issues, but now comment on the other pre existing one in trip planning.

———————————————————————————————
————————————END—————————————————
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

My worry is they’ll drop the kids don’t have to be fully vaccinated as well. Being realistic and seeing comments from one of the advisors I now think this is odds on. That will end the holiday for us, my kids are vaccinated but unbelievably my 14 year old who can get the NHS app cannot get a Covid pass.
No one is going to go and quarantine for 7 days, they simply won’t go. I’m also surprised the administration can even do that.

Edited at 08:36 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

I'm going tomorrow. I'm ≈≈≈≈ed aren't I.
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 21, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
steve30
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
My worry is they’ll drop the kids don’t have to be fully vaccinated as well. Being realistic and seeing comments from one of the advisors I now think this is odds on. That will end the holiday for us, my kids are vaccinated but unbelievably my 14 year old who can get the NHS app cannot get a Covid pass.
No one is going to go and quarantine for 7 days, they simply won’t go. I’m also surprised the administration can even do that.
I’m not sure I will need the Florida attractions at this rate, this is the most intense rollercoaster I’ve been on!
steve30 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List