Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 11 Sep 19, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Nev’s pre travel day: Premier Inn dinner

Nev will be joining me here tomorrow for the final night at the Caribbean Beach Resort. Tonight he is staying at the Premier Inn North Terminal ahead of his flight tomorrow morning. He pre-booked the dinner and breakfast package (well I did). He has sent me the photos and his own commentary below.

On arriving at the restaurant I was told there would be a table at 9pm, in forty minutes time, so I went and had a beer. Upon returning at 9pm I was seated quite quickly. The waitress went through the menu quite quickly but then vanished to seat other people.

After probably seven or eight minutes somebody came to take my order and a couple of minutes later my beer was served. After a further seven or eight minutes my prawn cocktail turned up. There was a nod in the presentation to the retro prawn cocktail unfortunately it was deconstructed. I had expected the Marie Rose sauce to be mixed into the prawn salad as opposed to being in a little dish on the side. It was a very uninspiring dish. Another thing, the white plate it was served on was ancient as it had that grey, scratchy, washed a million times look.

The mixed grill turned up in a reasonable amount of time. The steak was cooked near to rare, all the other pieces were there but it was a below average pub meal. I won’t be remembering it.

It served a purpose of feeding me, but it was meh

I think he sent me that final photo with two left over peas because I had a piece of radish left over the other day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

That grilled cheese looks dreamy! Great photos so far
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

Oh no Claudette I’m sorry to hear about your blood blisters... a waterpark day sounds on the cards!

I added the chicken sandwich to my list following Pez’s recommendation.. I hope I get to try it.

Hope DH has a safe flight.

Enjoy your day!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Mobile

Sometimes the comfort food of soup just hits the spot, and who doesn’t enjoy a grilled cheese. I enjoy the Plaza at MK for something like this.
Looking forward to take 2 when Nev arrives 😊
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Well done for getting Nev to take photos and review his meal 😀 My DH would have just commented it’s good or not good and sighed at me when I tell him not to eat until I take our Dibb report photo 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Enjoying following along, I think I would quite like to wander around Disney myself. Nice that Nev sent you his review. Hope the blisters are better today.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Slightly late to this, but am enjoying following along now! Grilled cheese looks good, nice and crispy and cheesy - perfect! I am so impressed you got Nev to take photos and give you a commentary - I would get, "yeah, it was fine" and no picture! Hope Nev has a good travel day today and you enjoy the rest of your holiday together!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Poor you, blisters are so painful. I suffer with them some trips too 😢 I do find Go Walks comfortable though and less likely to cause blisters.

The sandwich and soup looks delicious. Simple food tastes so good when it’s cooked well 😀
I have been taking Go Walks on holiday for years now. This year I decided the look isn’t for me anymore. Well that’s my lesson learned!

Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
That grilled cheese looks dreamy! Great photos so far
Thank you, it was.

Originally Posted by 4holibobs View Post
Oh no Claudette I’m sorry to hear about your blood blisters... a waterpark day sounds on the cards!
Sadly I think a day of feet up and rest is on the cards for today.

Originally Posted by Disney Planning View Post
Sometimes the comfort food of soup just hits the spot, and who doesn’t enjoy a grilled cheese. I enjoy the Plaza at MK for something like this.
Looking forward to take 2 when Nev arrives 😊
His breakfast review is coming up soon.

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Well done for getting Nev to take photos and review his meal 😀 My DH would have just commented it’s good or not good and sighed at me when I tell him not to eat until I take our Dibb report photo 😂
He doesn’t mind, he has done his breakfast review and will be doing inflight as well.

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Enjoying following along, I think I would quite like to wander around Disney myself. Nice that Nev sent you his review. Hope the blisters are better today.
I think I need to rest my feet today and hopefully be better by the time Nev arrives. Unfortunately it both heels so hard to avoid, unless I tip toe around.

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Slightly late to this, but am enjoying following along now! Grilled cheese looks good, nice and crispy and cheesy - perfect! I am so impressed you got Nev to take photos and give you a commentary - I would get, "yeah, it was fine" and no picture! Hope Nev has a good travel day today and you enjoy the rest of your holiday together!
Thank you! You are not that late, I am only on day two.

Edited at 10:18 AM.
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I normally wear Go Walks but this year I decided to try FitFlop trainers for something a bit different, the Rally style were very comfortable and I didn’t get any blisters...in case you fancy another change.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I normally wear Go Walks but this year I decided to try FitFlop trainers for something a bit different, the Rally style were very comfortable and I didn’t get any blisters...in case you fancy another change.
I think I might need to buy something here, but we were not planning to go offsite as we don’t have a car. I am not sure what I might find in Disney Springs.