Notices

View Poll Results: When are you rescheduling to?
I've already rescheduled to later in 2020 6 4.29%
2021 67 47.86%
2022 42 30.00%
Not sure yet 25 17.86%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Jun 20, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve still got our second trip in place for November however we’re not holding out much hope and toying with the idea of moving it to another date but undecided when.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
HevaDuck
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We've moved to 2021 should have been going this Thursday ☹
Hopefully by next year things will be returning to some normality as the world adjusts to living with this virus circulating in it
HevaDuck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarules
VIP Dibber

Was planning for 2021 but I am starting to think 2022 may be better🧐
Planning Universal only and the coast but with lots of people choosing Universal over Disney for 2021 due to the uncertainty, it’s sounding like Universal will be busier than ever.
Who know, will wait and see.
Floridarules is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Very Serious Dibber

Plan is to look at going August '21 leaving, where practicable, everything to the last minute and seeing what is going on in terms of restrictions.

If they release free dining I will book a room to reserve that.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were lucky and managed to have our Disney holiday this year, we arrived back in the UK one week before the parks closed. The plan had been to book again for next year, but now we’re just wait and see how things pan out and definitely won’t be back until at least 2022.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

Already booked October 2021 before all this happened! Just hoping alot is 'normal'by then
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

I come into a couple of the categories.

We had a big trip booked for August (West Coast & Hawaii/Aulani), we will be moving that to August 2021.

We booked January 2021 in January this year before Covid-19 so covered by insurance and have left that trip in place.

We have a BA companion voucher to use up and expiring DVC points so we have booked a trip for mid November that hasn’t cost us anything in cash terms and can be cancelled up to 24hrs prior to departure for no fee. I’m willing to wait and see what happens, and if the FCO change the travel advice (and Trump lets us Brits in) then we will go in November. If it is cancelled, our January trip is only 6 weeks later, which is also booked with Avios/companion voucher & DVC points so be postponed if necessary.

I would not make a new cash booking for 2020, I would wait until Summer 2021 to travel.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We are looking at May or October 2021 to rebook our cancelled May trip, leaning strongly towards October. Not booking anything yet though.
LizzyBear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

We are thinking we will probably reschedule for 2022 when things should be back to normal and we can book and plan without any stress. Ideally we’d like to book something completely different for next year - with Florida we’re worried about insurance cover and how busy it will be next year. It’s such a long time to wait though after having waited for this year 19 months so if things change drastically I guess we might change our minds. Dd will turn 11 in August 2022 so she’s desperate to leave it til then so she can have her 11th birthday at Hogwarts... she’s hoping she’ll get her ‘letter’

Edited at 07:51 AM.
Th1nkT1nk is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 20, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We had booked California and Canada for Easter.. it was cancelled.

We had then booked Arizona and California for August.. it was cancelled by us a couple of days ago.

We have a son who is doing his A levels next year, so Easter is out.. We will be booking Arizona and California for late August.

We will not admit defeat and we will not give up. Both my wife and I have worked throughout, me in a Hospital and she in the Police. In my job, I knew pretty much with certainty that I would contract Covid, yet still turned up. Sure enough, we both had Covid and recovered before returning to work. We just want to get on with living our lives. What next? A lockdown to prevent deaths in the Flu season? That will save 30k deaths this year. Where does this madness end? If we took all motor vehicles off the road, that would save lives too... or banned smoking.. or consumption of alcohol.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 11:24 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List