Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Sep 20, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
At what point do I say 'This is not happening'?

We were meant to be visiting Tokyo this November for our 25th wedding anniversary. Obviously, not happening now and we are awaiting the chance to cancel or postpone our flights.

So we decided we would have a few days in DLP instead as it's our happy place.

So in May we booked Cheyenne for 4 nights, £400 Annual Pass rate. Then booked flights. As we now live near Cardiff, the only option was indirect flights from Cardiff via Amsterdam. (OK, we could have gone from Bristol, but the cost/time of adding on a train journey and overnight stay made it not worth the bother.)

Our accommodation has been changed to Newport Bay at no extra cost as Cheyenne will now be closed. Great, bargain of the year. And even with masks, shorter park hours and restaurant hours, we are OK with all that, we just want to walk down Main Street again.

Then they cancelled our Amsterdam-Cardiff flight. The only other one is earlier, so they moved us to an early afternoon flight from Paris too. But it only allows us 50 min to change, so actually I would rather leave Paris in the morning and have more time in the airport to change. A bit less time on holiday, but hey...

So I thought I would phone and sort that.

Then I discovered our outward flight from Cardiff to Amsterdam has also been cancelled. They have booked us on a later one, but it means an overnight stay in Amsterdam - which is under quarantine so we couldn't go to a hotel, just sleep in the international departure area. Plus, our Amsterdam-Paris flight would now be the next morning, thus eating further into our holiday time.

So I asked about outward flights the day before. Apparently there are none (although the website still shows them).

Added to all this, unless the quarantine is lifted by 15 November we won't be going anyway. We would be able to quarantine when we get home, but we would be travelling against FCO advice and therefore our travel insurance would be invalid. That's a risk I'm not willing to take.

Gaaaaah! I just wanna see Mickey!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Poor you, it’s so disappointing to have all the holidays cancellations this year and especially when it’s a special year as your anniversary trip.

This may not be possible but I would probably look into flights from Bristol instead of the indirect Cardiff flights. We find Bristol airport quite easy to fly from and they are offering fully cancellable car parking at Bristol Airport if you decided to take the car and park there (as I just cancelled our October booking there 😢 and was instantly refunded)
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Hi Gill have you thought of maybe doing it by train we did this a couple of years back what we did was go to Cardiff first as we went to see partner dad then went to London royal Scott Travelodge for one night then caught the train indirect.
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We used to do Eurostar regularly when we lived in London, but they are messing about with that now too.

We don’t drive so would have to get a train to Bristol. That is probably the best option - if we go at all.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We used to do Eurostar regularly when we lived in London, but they are messing about with that now too.

We don’t drive so would have to get a train to Bristol. That is probably the best option - if we go at all.
Hi Gill we done Cardiff crew then London which was much better
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

The easyjet flights in October, well some of them, were cancelled as I am now going from Heathrow. Not enough seats booked
Old 18 Sep 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Well, our KLM flights from Cardiff are now cancelled and I have applied for a full refund.

We will wait and see whether the quarantine lifts. If we have to book last minute flights from Bristol, so be it.
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
kenville
slightly serious Dibber

What are the chances of quarantine and FCO advice being lifted anytime soon? French numbers are crazy and looks like we will be going the same way. What a rotten year.
kenville is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Wishuponastar
Excited about Disney

I know how you feel. 40th WDW/ Universal trip cancelled. Booked DLP when restrictions were lifted for October half term (both teachers). Today I changed it to before Christmas as I think October is going to be a no go. I’m going to just keep moving it till I get there whenever that might be. For now I’m just focusing on mine and my families health and when I can get there I will.
Wishuponastar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List