Notices

Old 23 Apr 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by debojahh View Post
I just responded in my own pre-trip! But yeah I'm still a bit lost at sea with the NYC bit
Can book SoL next week and trying to figure out the easiest way to get to and from JFK!
Just responded in your pre trip

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
Sounds like a a fab trip - we love New York

The 9/11 Museum is overwhelming in some ways - we found that as two adults and I've been three times now. There is so much detail in there.
Thanks Kim, we really can't wait
I can only imagine how overwhelming the museum is, I'm not sure if it will be too much for the kids but at the same time I think they should be educated about what happened that day

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 18, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mrs dee View Post
My daughter is 14 and loves nyc. We've just booked for next year although she doesn't know yet
We also love love gossip girl and did the gossip girl tour last year and she loved it , just a thought through viator x
I just know Hope will love it, she asks me constantly about visiting.
I have looked at the Gossip Girl tour and really think she will enjoy it but not sure about the males in the family . We are already ditching them for the theatre so feel bad leaving them again . How far out did you book?

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 23 Apr 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
I just know Hope will love it, she asks me constantly about visiting.
I have looked at the Gossip Girl tour and really think she will enjoy it but not sure about the males in the family . We are already ditching them for the theatre so feel bad leaving them again . How far out did you book?
Hi I booked at least six months I think. To be honest it says three hours - it's not - it was an hour and a half so you won't ditch them for long hehe - my dh and husband went round centra parks on bikes whilst we did the tour. Having said that you technically could go and visit a couple yourself

Edited at 09:53 PM.
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

So today is Single Digit Day finally!

We are all getting very excited as you can imagine! Packing has commenced, documents have been printed, dollars have been bought and the FairFX has been loaded at the shockingly awful rate of $1.28
I have ordered the 3 Attraction Explorer Pass from Travel Republic which we are hoping to use for the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock and the Hop On Hop Off bus. These were £59 each so well worth getting.

I'm not sure how, but we have still managed to keep it a secret from the kids. There have been a few near misses, the older they get the harder it is to keep things from them
The plan is to tell them over breakfast at the airport once through security.
I have put together a little gift bag each of a t-shirt, some NY tourist leaflets that my in laws kindly brought back from a recent trip and a rough itinerary I printed out.

We'll give them these once we have revealed the true destination! I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed it goes smoothly, wish me luck!
I think that's about all I have to update you all on. Once home I'll get started on the trip report as soon as I can

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 5 Aug 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I will really look forward to reading your trip report. Your apartment looks great. You have done so well with keeping it secret for so long !
We have booked for our sons 21st in February. We have had to tell him to book a week off work. I’m sure he has it in his mind we are going to Benidorm. I will need to do his packing or he will freeze !

Hope you have a safe journey and fantastic holiday. Will look out for your report.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 18, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
I will really look forward to reading your trip report. Your apartment looks great. You have done so well with keeping it secret for so long !
We have booked for our sons 21st in February. We have had to tell him to book a week off work. I’m sure he has it in his mind we are going to Benidorm. I will need to do his packing or he will freeze !

Hope you have a safe journey and fantastic holiday. Will look out for your report.
Thank you so much!
I know, I still can't believe we've kept it a secret. It helps that they're with their Dad this week so we can talk freely around the house for the first time in weeks
Its funny that it doesn't matter how old your kids are you still need to do stuff for them . I hope you have a lovely time!

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 6 Aug 18, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Mobile

Oh it all sounds fab. I can't wait to hear about the airport reveal. Well done for keeping it a secret.

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday.

Xx

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Oh it all sounds fab. I can't wait to hear about the airport reveal. Well done for keeping it a secret.

I hope you all have a fantastic holiday.

Xx
Thanks so much Abby. How is your holiday going? I can’t wait to hear about it!
We are leaving in the morning, hoping to tell the kids once at the airport over breakfast. I’ll keep you posted as to how it goes 😬

IG - alicialanesmith
Old 15 Aug 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Hope all going well can't wait to see updates
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List