Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Jul 19, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

What do people make for their upcoming trips?

Hi

I am not very crafty but love the idea of making things for our upcoming trip, mainly because it will help with the long countdown and hopefully my DD 12 can also help.

Can anyone give me ideas of what you make for trips or where to get ideas from?
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Disney Jo View Post
Hi

I am not very crafty but love the idea of making things for our upcoming trip, mainly because it will help with the long countdown and hopefully my DD 12 can also help.

Can anyone give me ideas of what you make for trips or where to get ideas from?
There's loads of cute ideas on Pinterest.
One of the most popular is the balloons one that you color in each day counting down

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We always spend an afternoon making our mousekeeping envelopes. I usually make t-shirts too, easy to do with some fabric pens/paint.

I'm also trying to make our costumes for MNSSHP at the moment

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Raiponce
Trying for More Ears

I like this question, and love seeing everything on here that people have made. I think one of my favourite things is the all the making and crafting before we go, although I am now in a mild state of panic though as I have started far too many projects and we leave in 8 days!
I am making our halloween costumes for the MNSSHP, Hercules, Tinkerbell, young Maleficient, Big Al and Dolly from Toy Story. Finished Hercules and Tink and almost finished Dolly, (one button left to do, and if I have enough time I might redo the hair!), and nearly finished big Al. Got to start young Maleficent but the horns have been started (!).

Also got some transfer paper and made our own tshirts, and have got the fabric to make some fabric tubs/bins to keep our magic bands and sunglasses in (hopefully this will stop me forgetting to put my band on!) and a family passport holder to hold all our passports (again if I have time).

We have made 30 day countdowns and also cast appreciation cards, then all signed the back of them, laminated them and cut them out. DD has been drawing disney characters to leave for mousekeeping,although I have told her I can't part with some of them I love them too much and want to frame them!

We made bunting for our room window, just out of card and made each "flag" a character by the colour we used (quite hard to explain!) for example Mike W was green with an eye in the middle.

Oh and I attempted luggage tags but not sure they will be used as they are felt and I worry they will be mush if they get wet! So we have got stickers and ribbons to disneybound our cases! I have also made quite a few bits for disneybounding, like Daisy Duck's hat for Tusker House breakfast using a green sharpie on a hat and her neckerchief out of a camisole top! I have made us all Russell disneybound outfits, with the tshirts with the beads, patch and badge on, made the neckerchiefs and sashes with all the patches on in the right order (this took forever), still got the woggles to do though (this is quite scary how much I have to do as I write it down!). I have had to promise we will only put the neckerchiefs and sashes on for photos though, we are worried we won't be allowed to wear them in Animal Kingdom...

We have a document holder with all our paperwork in and we are making a cover for it too. And we are going to attempt the four park challenge so I making little journals for the kids to fill in as they go. I wanted to do us t-shirts for this too but time is definatley running out!

We have really enjoyed making these things together and its helping keep the kids quiet! I hope you and your DD have good fun too!

Edited at 02:14 PM.
Raiponce is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i made our ears (still have a few more to make) and i'm also making some clothes for my LG because she's so slim nothing fits
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been watching you tube tutorials for Micky ear making! Just trying to find some Disney prints or colours that I can use, lol 🎀!
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
catherinesian
Imagineer

Coincidnce that you've just posted this thread as I've just ordered all my bits for making ears and skirts for my upcoming trip (a bit late, but oh well )

Next trip to WDW Sept 2024 for our Wedding
catherinesian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 19, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Adcro
Serious Dibber

DH Phil is making our ears for with our Disneybound outfits at Disneyland Paris next week

In progress: vm.tiktok/keGt4b/
Adcro is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List