Notices

Old 2 Oct 19, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition - December 2019 Pre Trip Report

The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition - December 2019 Pre Trip Report

Welcome to the pre-trip report for our December 2019 – our third trip of 2019. For those of you who haven’t read any of my previous reports (Index of Indexes here), here we are…

The Cast
I’m Lou/Mrs A (29) and my DH is Dave/Mr A – (36).

This will be our third trip this year – we know how incredibly lucky we are in the wake of the unsettled travel industry this year – but work hard, play hard – right?

We have an extended cast for this trip too, who I will introduce to you shortly. But first – how did this trip come about?

Readers of my previous trip report/followers on social media will know that we are lucky enough to have some local Disney friends, and we meet for coffee at lunchtime on a regular basis – a gathering we fondly refer to as ‘The Disney Lunch Club’. On our June trip, another member of the club was in Florida at the same time as us with his family, so of course we met up and took DLC (cool clubs have abbreviations obviously!) stateside.

We were also able to send this picture home…

As prior to our June trip, we had booked our trip to coincide with that of two other DLC members – the very lovely Sean and Tammy who we have had the great pleasure of being friends with for a while now- in fact Dave and Sean have worked together for a number of years.

Sean and Tammy had already booked their holiday, and Sean is incredibly good at motivating (not bullying - we never bully!) people into doing things. Of course it took very little motivation (bullying) to talk us into booking another return to Florida.

And so this trip - The Disney Lunch Club Rerun: Motivational Edition - was born.

We are both departing on Sunday 1st December – and we will be racing across the Atlantic as we fly from Manchester and they fly from Gatwick! We are going for a week, whereas Sean and Tammy have two weeks of Florida fun. Can’t complain when we have had so many trips this year!

Of course, the cast wouldn’t be complete without Fudge – (11) – our beautiful Sprollie. He’ll be happy with the dogsitter whilst we are away (she has more visitors to see Fudge than she knows what to do with!) – as long as we bring him back another plush to add to his collection.

The Plan
This is our seventh trip together – and something is different this time again! We provisionally had All Star Sports booked again for this trip, and whilst we loved it, we visited Coronado Springs and thought it was incredible – so we called our travel agent and upgraded! So we have 7 nights in a preferred room at Coronado Springs – and we can’t wait. Flying out on VS75 on Sunday 1st December, and back on VS76 on Sunday 8th December.

As I am now a total flying snob after doing PE in January, we are of course doing that again. We’ll need the baggage for bringing home our Christmas pressies! Our beautiful niece Ella is growing up quickly – and we can’t wait for her first Christmas. I digress from the pre trip report to bring you some pictures…

Back to the trip, we have no dining plan, as after our June trip, we worked out it was great value if it was free, but for us it wasn’t worth paying for. We might even try some offsite dining this time! We are not hiring a car for such a short trip, but Sean and Tammy do have a car and have promised to take us shopping so I am a happy dibber!

We are also all going to our first Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party together, which we are really looking forwards too - we haven't been over the festive season before so this will be something new for us.

Today was FP+ day – possibly the most stressful one ever. Availability for the headliners was slim to non-existent. I know Rise of the Resistance opens whilst we are there, but the week after Thanksgiving is supposed to be one of the quietest of the year. I got everything we wanted in the end with a few switches of which parks we were doing on which day. Phew!

We are really excited to be sharing this trip with Sean and Tammy, who love Disney just as much as we do. We can’t wait to make lots of magical memories together.

We are hoping for...

Great forecasts from Eric Burris, our favourite meteorologist over at WESH2...

Less tornadoes...

More great vlogger meets...

Less pictures ruined by eye infections/my inability to keep my eyes open...

Time to enjoy Coronado Springs and other WDW amenities/perks...

And lots of fun with Disney friends!

As ever, if you see us out there then please stop us and say hi! We love to meet fellow dibbers and Disney friends.

See you real soon!

Edited at 07:29 PM.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading your TR 😊
Old 4 Oct 19, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
Looking forward to reading your TR 😊
Thank you ❤
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
How lovely to go with friends and to be there for the festive season. I hope you take lots of photos of all the Christmas trees as I love seeing them in trip reports. I hope you have a fabulous holiday.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
How lovely to go with friends and to be there for the festive season. I hope you take lots of photos of all the Christmas trees as I love seeing them in trip reports. I hope you have a fabulous holiday.
Thank you - I most certainly will do! We'll be getting ready to board 8 weeks today 😁
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Less than 60 days already! Hope you have another great time, Fudge definitely will
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Less than 60 days already! Hope you have another great time, Fudge definitely will
Thank you! I can't believe your countdown is so tiny 😁😁 I am so excited for you xx
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Sound fab! Have a great trip!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Thank you! I can't believe your countdown is so tiny 😁😁 I am so excited for you xx
Thanks! I'm incredibly disorganised and still have tons to do before we go. But we have passports & our currency card which is all we really need I suppose It'll certainly be a different trip to last time.

Seeing all the christmas stuff will be brilliant for you, good to see you're making the most of not being tied to school holidays anymore x
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 19, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Sound fab! Have a great trip!
Thank you!