Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 30 Apr 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi 👋

Someone on here will always know the answer.

Trippies are awesome

2022 is a long time away. Do stay on here as there’s just so much you can’t find else where. We are a very bizarre family tho just to warn you.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hello, it's nice 'meet' you DisneyLover96 you won't be a newbie for long, there's always something interesting to read on the DIBB
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyLover96 View Post
I'm new here and I just wanted to introduce myself and say Hi!

Sooo... HI

I'm 23, from Scotland and I've been to DLP which was wonderful however I want to kick it up a notch or two and head to the states for Florida.

My partner and I are planning to go in September of 2022.

So many people with the knowledge and expertise I hope to acquire one day!

So if you have any tips, tricks or recommendations of things you absolutely HAVE to do on your firs trip, let me know!

Thanks guys,

Shanice!
Hi.. and pleased to see you have joined us.

Tips.

1. Read lots of trip reports to get a feel for the options available, on site, off site, villas, condos, hotels, IDrive, LBV, etc etc. There is no right answer, but one may suit you.

2. Do not think that Disney is the only world class option in Orlando. Many prefer Universal, some (including me) value a Discovery Cove Ultimate ticket above all else.

3. Do not think of Orlando is the only attraction in Florida. The beaches , particularly on the gulf coast are absolutely stunning. There are also Kennedy Space Centre, numerous Alligator airboat rides, shopping malls, smaller theme areas, the Keys etc etc that may float your boat.

4. Do not think that Florida is everything. Indirects are generally much cheaper flights than direct in and outs. You can spend, day 3 nights in NY, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia or Atlanta on the way in, whilst actually saving money (well, maybe not Boston. That one really hurts).

5. If your budget fits, then look at 3 weeks instead of 2, if you are wanting to see more than Disney. You can stagger the starts on theme park tickets in order to minimalist cost. ( most people have numerous unused days as they fly home). In staying that extra week, you also have to subtract the cost of being at home, petrol, food, bills etc etc. It costs a lot to get there, there is often no rush to go home and I promise that in 3 weeks of hard vacationing, you will not run out of things to do for the first time.
6. If not staying on site, hire a car.
When you have a plan, after starting threads and asking a million questions on the DIBB, it is worth throwing that draft plan into the arena. Many will give advice and enable you to refine that plan over the months.
7. Whenever possible, book whatever you want through the end supplier whenever possible, even if it costs a few quid more. In the coming weeks it will become very clear to you that people are having big problems with third party suppliers... and even first party.

My own thought?

Go for 3 weeks, but stay the first 3 in the city that you would most want to visit on the East Coast or by the Lakes. Most have direct flights from London and it is desirable to have decent links from Airport to City. This is easily researched by opting for the multi city option on the search engines. You will find Google flights particularly good for research, allthough it does not follow that you will buy from there. Having found what you want, then research that deal on all available search engines.
Spend the remaining 18 or so days in Orlando, in a Villa, with a hire car, picking 2 of the 3 franchises for tickets. (One will inevitably be Disney on a first visit).

If you are a Disney nut, then throw all of the above out of the window!

Hope it helps!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:18 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

We had so many fab trips as a couple - I’m sure you’ll love it! Onsite (Disney and universal), off site, cruises... happy planning!
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 20, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
lawe
VIP Dibber

lawe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi and a warm welcome,

I love this place and dip in and out when I can, it's addictive!

You have so many good tips here that it's hard to add except for three more:
1) DIBB guidebook lots of tips!
2) Old school but a notepad and pen (or online version!) to scribble down bits of gen that will come in handy and jog your memory when you come to doing some research
3) A Large cuppa!

Whatever way you look at it, it might seem info overload, but break it down into small chunks and it will all merge into a great time.

Have fun

May 2012, August 2016 Lake Berkley Resort
June 2024 booked back to Lake Berkley
lawe is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
simon
VIP Dibber

simon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Hello and welcome to the Dibb .
Enjoy your planning , I would suggest an itinerary to help you , Parks , ADR, etc .
Plenty of people only to willing to help on this site.
Don't forget your ESTA.
simon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hi and welcome
Old 11 May 20, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLover96
Trying for More Ears

Thank you all for the warmest welcome!

I'm learning so much from you guys already. Got a little list going with everything, some might say its a little premature but I say you can never be too prepared!

It's nice to "meet" you all!

Hope you're all staying safe and well during this time
Old 16 May 20, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Senojk
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Hello and welcome to the DIBB x
Old 16 May 20, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I know you will have a fantastic time in Florida. My advice: sunscreen.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List