Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 17 Aug 20, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SmilingSammie
VIP Dibber

Love love LOVE Hamilton.
Definitely not top 10 musical on my list but still fab. Dying to see it on the stage now! Leslie Odom Jr. steals the show along with Daveed.

My First Ever Pre-Trip Report - Sept 2015
My 2nd Pre-Trip Report! - Sept 2016
My Orlando 2019 Trip Report
My Orlando Feb 2022 Trip Report
DLP - May 2013, May 2018
Florida - 1998, 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
SmilingSammie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I finally got round to watching! We ended up watching it over 3 nights as we dont have much free time with a baby around. I didnt know anything about the story or music in advance and actually expected not to like it as I'm not really into American history.

9 minutes in my husband wanted to turn it off and just wasn't feeling it. I carried on watching anyway and soon after we were both hooked! I loved it. The fast paced writing is incredible, I have no idea how the actors can memorize the whole thing. Loved the staging too. One day I'd definitley want to see it live.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
I finally got round to watching! We ended up watching it over 3 nights as we dont have much free time with a baby around. I didnt know anything about the story or music in advance and actually expected not to like it as I'm not really into American history.

9 minutes in my husband wanted to turn it off and just wasn't feeling it. I carried on watching anyway and soon after we were both hooked! I loved it. The fast paced writing is incredible, I have no idea how the actors can memorize the whole thing. Loved the staging too. One day I'd definitley want to see it live.
The stage version is so much better - we were lucky enough to see it in New York last Sept.and it was amazing
Old 13 Sep 20, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post

I was the same. Took me a good 30 mins and turning it off twice before trying again another night to get into it and then I actually enjoyed it.

Not one of my top musically but glad I have seen it.

Hope your all doing well with your little boy
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

We were also on the fence with this and not too bothered about watching it, but friends kept telling us how good it is.
So glad we got round to it. What an amazing production we loved it x
Old 20 Sep 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

We watched it over two goes abd I didn’t really get into it, I wasn’t paying a whole lot of attention and so found it hard to keep up with the songs when I wasn’t properly listening. However, my girls have been listening to the soundtrack and I think the songs are great now so I’ll have to give it another go.
Princesa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List