Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Sep 20, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

How to cancel HRH booked with love holidays due to VH cancelling holiday?

Hi all, I booked 1 night in club level in HRH with Love holidays but VH have just cancelled our holiday today! Do our HRH stay is now unable to use as we can’t go I’ve been looking on Love Holidays to try to find out how I can Now get a refund but every link I press keeps taking my around in circles :confused as anyone else had any success cancelling & getting refunded HRH From Loveholidays due to their holidays being cancelled due to covid restrictions, don’t really want to lose the money I’ve paid out when Inay be able to claim it back xx. Thank you for any advice

Edited at 08:16 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Unfortunately it depends on the booking with Love Holidays, did you have free cancellation? They are not the most customer friendly hotel booking company. X
Old 12 Sep 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
Unfortunately it depends on the booking with Love Holidays, did you have free cancellation? They are not the most customer friendly hotel booking company. X
I’m really not sure maybe I’ll just have to email & ask if not maybe they’ll give a voucher hopefully something as I’ve paid £400!
Old 13 Sep 20, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I know some had a terrible experience with love holidays but they were faultless with me.

Had the refund back in 5 days, amazing, I just went into manage my booking, selected cancel and that was it, email back instantly and money back on my card 5 days later.

I had however booked a fully refundable hotel.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I had a non refundable booking with love holidays, and initially they were atrocious to deal with.

Every other company I had non refundable bookings with (ebookers, hotels.com & Expedia) contacted the hotels directly and within minutes the refund was authorised.

With love holidays the only way to actually ‘speak’ to someone was online and it literally took me days to even connect (finally got through dead on 9am on a Sunday to be told I was in a queue and would be kept up to date regularly with my position in that queue - then sat there for three hours with no contact whatsoever (at this point I was willing to sit in that queue for the whole day to prove to my insurers I’d tried everything I could for a refund!) & then at just after midday I was through to an agent who flatly refused to contact the hotel and said go through insurance and hung up on me!

I joined Twitter to complain - no response & wrote a physical letter of complaint with no response!

However... a few days before I was actually due to be in the hotel, I had an automatic email from Loveholidays asking if I wanted to move my date, have a credit note or refund & to follow the link - I was dubious because the link took me to manage my booking and prior to that date it was clearly showing I’d lose my money if I cancelled, but miraculously the options had changed and I indeed did get a refund about three weeks after my travel date - so ultimately a good outcome, but they made the whole process so awful and the girl I spoke to was so rude, that I will never use them again - a shame as if the process had been explained I’d of accepted the wait without complaint!

Sorry for the long post, but just thought I’d explain how it worked for me, so that you at least have some hope you will get a refund in the end!

Edited at 08:22 AM.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kadiekaismummi View Post
Hi all, I booked 1 night in club level in HRH with Love holidays but VH have just cancelled our holiday today! Do our HRH stay is now unable to use as we can’t go I’ve been looking on Love Holidays to try to find out how I can Now get a refund but every link I press keeps taking my around in circles :confused as anyone else had any success cancelling & getting refunded HRH From Loveholidays due to their holidays being cancelled due to covid restrictions, don’t really want to lose the money I’ve paid out when Inay be able to claim it back xx. Thank you for any advice
Did you book on your credit card ? If so then at least you have S75 protection, if you do go down this route make sure you have not accepted a voucher or a change of dates
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
Did you book on your credit card ? If so then at least you have S75 protection, if you do go down this route make sure you have not accepted a voucher or a change of dates
I doubt section 75 will apply in this case. The HRH is open and in theory the booking is valid. Being unable to travel and check in would be a travel insurance case not a failure to supply if Love Holidays don't cooperate.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 20, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
I doubt section 75 will apply in this case. The HRH is open and in theory the booking is valid. Being unable to travel and check in would be a travel insurance case not a failure to supply if Love Holidays don't cooperate.
Yes I think you are right thank you
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kadiekaismummi
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
I had a non refundable booking with love holidays, and initially they were atrocious to deal with.

Every other company I had non refundable bookings with (ebookers, hotels.com & Expedia) contacted the hotels directly and within minutes the refund was authorised.

With love holidays the only way to actually ‘speak’ to someone was online and it literally took me days to even connect (finally got through dead on 9am on a Sunday to be told I was in a queue and would be kept up to date regularly with my position in that queue - then sat there for three hours with no contact whatsoever (at this point I was willing to sit in that queue for the whole day to prove to my insurers I’d tried everything I could for a refund!) & then at just after midday I was through to an agent who flatly refused to contact the hotel and said go through insurance and hung up on me!

I joined Twitter to complain - no response & wrote a physical letter of complaint with no response!

However... a few days before I was actually due to be in the hotel, I had an automatic email from Loveholidays asking if I wanted to move my date, have a credit note or refund & to follow the link - I was dubious because the link took me to manage my booking and prior to that date it was clearly showing I’d lose my money if I cancelled, but miraculously the options had changed and I indeed did get a refund about three weeks after my travel date - so ultimately a good outcome, but they made the whole process so awful and the girl I spoke to was so rude, that I will never use them again - a shame as if the process had been explained I’d of accepted the wait without complaint!

Sorry for the long post, but just thought I’d explain how it worked for me, so that you at least have some hope you will get a refund in the end!
Hi, thank you for the email, & I liked reading your long post! 🥰 I did manage to get through to them as I went through making a new booking then querying my booking, but was told because Like you originally did. Was told I took advantage of the non refundable room rates therefore there was nothing they could do to make any changes to my hotel etc, & the woman I spoke to was rather rude & very unhelpful too! I asked where my money I’ve paid will go them has I actually paid £198 ( the rest £136 is due on mon 13th oct!) So I need to act quick! I really can’t afford to lose this money, I’ve called Virgin travel insurance with an automated response that if the travel company can’t help then I’ll need written prove that my credit card can’t help before they will consider looking into it! 😢 I can’t even find Which card I paid the £196 too)
Can you please tell me what email address you used, as I can’t find nothing on manage my booking to help with this, your email gives me hope, so thank you for that, Lreadt going to lose out on having to pay for travel insurance which isn’t going to be used HRH & other costs all add up! We really saved long & hard for this so any help will be so appreciated, my head is spinning with it all & I seem to go around & around in circles! . Please if you could give me the link or number you used I will deffo try them again, I’m really happy you got a good outcome from them, but they should be able to do this for other too! Xx. Afterall TR were on,y asking £15 non refundable dep at the time but because HRH was about £20 cheaper I paid £196 non refundable to go with them, It’s not that I didn’t want to stay. At HRH, my holiday with VH was cancelled so obviously unable xx

Edited at 02:34 PM.
kadiekaismummi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

Love Holidays have no obligation to refund you as you booked just a room and you can not longer use it. They may show good will and allow you to move it,but that is upto them.
Have you considered getting your book ref and contact HRH direct and asking if you can move it.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List