Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 25 Sep 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
maxi0479
slightly serious Dibber

Villa Recommendations

Hi

We are 'hopefully' visiting next August 2021. We normally stay at Lake Berkley which we love but I was wondering if there are other nice communities anyone can recommend? Somewhere close to a supermarket if possible.

We need a minimum of 5 bed villa. Mostly doing universal and Seaworld, busch gardens etc. Only 1 day planned for Disney. So closer to Universal the better.

Thank you.

2015 Coronado Spring & HRH, 2017 Port Orleans Riverside & Villa, 2020 Cancelled due to COVID, 2021 Villa & Universal Loews Royal Pacific
maxi0479 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have booked a 6 bedroom villa on Hampton lakes it is a dibb villa the lady owns the one next door we have stayed before and the villa is beautiful
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
redemma13
Imagineer

redemma13's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at a dibb villa - viburnum villa. Was fantastic. Publix and restaurants 5 mins up the road. It is in the estates, legacy park. I would definitely go again and there is a short cut to the 192 which takes you out at formosa Gardens so you don't have to drive all down the 192.

Em
xxxx
redemma13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post

Vista cay is reasonably close. But max they do are four bed condos / townhouses I think.

So need to look in the normal hunting grounds in Kissimmee / Formosa Gardens / championsgate (further distance but right by i4 so can be reasonably speedy and poss quicker than 192 lights etc.

Edited at 01:12 PM. Reason: Edited for accuracy...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Majik
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
Orange county isn't zoned for short term rentals so no villa communities near by.

Vista cay is reasonably close. But max they do are four bed condos / townhouses I think.

So need to look in the normal hunting grounds in Kissimmee / Formosa Gardens / championsgate (further distance but right by i4 so can be reasonably speedy and poss quicker than 192 lights etc.

This statement is not correct.
There are villas in Orange County that are licensed for short term rental.

Beautiful views from our 3 bedroom villa at
Hunters Creek
www.villas4orlandoflorida.com

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/villa-search.php?a=405
Majik is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

I had a search on AirBnB and found one up near Dr. Phillips which would be very handy for Universal.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
Originally Posted by 2point View Post
I had a search on AirBnB and found one up near Dr. Phillips which would be very handy for Universal.
If this is a villa, I would proceed with caution because AirBnB carry out no checks and there are very few licensed rental villas in this area (the Dibb villa above is one of the few exceptions). Please ensure you check out the owners license to rent or you could find yourself evicted with no recourse.

Debra
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
chickeninabun
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We've just booked to go back to Highlands Reserve next year. It's lovely there, bit of a drive to the Parks, but we don't mind as we drive everywhere anyway, what's a few more mins in the car. Plus Highlands is right next to Berry Town Center with Publix, Applebee's, takeaways and a pub!

chickeninabun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
yorkshire clan
Helping Mickey

yorkshire clan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A few suggestions all close to I4 for Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens the opposite direction. Disney 10mins away and lots of restaurants and Walmart minutes away.
Reunion Resort (lots of large villas)
Encore Resort
Mystic Dunes
Indian Ridge
Windsor Hills
yorkshire clan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Majik View Post
This statement is not correct.
There are villas in Orange County that are licensed for short term rental.
Thank you for the correction. That has always been my understanding but glad to hear it isn't correct as it gives more scope for future travels.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List