Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 1 Mar 17, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole ragdoll
slightly serious Dibber

:) Buca di Beppo?

With the tickets for disney and universal I get vouchers for dine 4 less and planet hollywood/buca di beppo $10 gift certificates.
I have never heard of buca di beppo, any reviews/ experiences to share anybody?
Old 1 Mar 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Carole ragdoll View Post
With the tickets for disney and universal I get vouchers for dine 4 less and planet hollywood/buca di beppo $10 gift certificates.
Buca's a chain - I've only ever been to the original one in Minneapolis - but I assume they're all much of a muchness. Planet Hollywood bought Buca a few years ago - I don't know if that has been good or bad for the food...

The food at Buca is family-style (American) Italian. It's good - nothing fancy, but good (so think chicken parm, spaghetti and meatballs, stuff like that). The décor is red-checked tablecloths, etc. - and it's fun for kids.

If I were choosing for MY family - I'd pick Buca. My DH and DS couldn't care less about movie memorabilia, and we all like Italian food. But your family may be different.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole ragdoll
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Buca's a chain - I've only ever been to the original one in Minneapolis - but I assume they're all much of a muchness. Planet Hollywood bought Buca a few years ago - I don't know if that has been good or bad for the food...

The food at Buca is family-style (American) Italian. It's good - nothing fancy, but good (so think chicken parm, spaghetti and meatballs, stuff like that). The décor is red-checked tablecloths, etc. - and it's fun for kids.

If I were choosing for MY family - I'd pick Buca. My DH and DS couldn't care less about movie memorabilia, and we all like Italian food. But your family may be different.
Hi
Last time we got vouchers for PH we bought clothes, the last time before that dh got food poisoning from a chicken sandwich so we never eat there anymore!
Will wait to see if there are anymore posts before we decide what to use the vouchers for. Thanks
Old 1 Mar 17, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I've eaten at Buca de Beppo inVegas and New York, it's massive Italian plates! Family style so on big plates and you share. It's not great as a couple, you need four or more!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pew87
Getting Excited

Mobile

We actually have a buca by where we live one of only 5 in the U.K. And I loved it at first when opened but now I don't think much of it but suppose it's hard to compare it to the state side ones.
pew87 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Carole ragdoll
slightly serious Dibber

I suppose I could use a couple of vouchers for a planet hollywood t.shirt and the rest at buca di beppo with the family
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Andrews Dad
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Carole ragdoll View Post
We've had lunch at the one in the Florida Mall a couple of times, thought the menu looked kind of expensive for what was on offer, but the portions are huge and clearly meant for sharing.

We'll likely visit again next week.
Andrews Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Mar 17, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Carole ragdoll
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Andrews Dad View Post
We've had lunch at the one in the Florida Mall a couple of times, thought the menu looked kind of expensive for what was on offer, but the portions are huge and clearly meant for sharing.

We'll likely visit again next week.
Thanks please let me know how it was I have $40 in vouchers burning a hole in my pocket (with photos if poss)