Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 24 Mar 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
That shrimp yakisoba looks right up my street... we're on IDrive for a week next month, will definitely be seeking that place out
Juliemack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
That shrimp yakisoba looks right up my street... we're on IDrive for a week next month, will definitely be seeking that place out
Oh do! It's funny because I had all these planning spreadsheets and carefully vetted lists of restaurants, but hubby just got on google and said 'we're going here tonight' and it was probably the best meal we had. It just shows that sometimes it pays to go with the flow.
They do a happy hour with discounts on food, I think it was pre-7pm every day but not totally sure.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looks like you had some fab meals! My husband LOVES sushi so putting that place on the list for next time!
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

We had great meals, although I think our best meal was on the cruise we did after the Orlando portion! Mmm cruise food. Also did an amazing food tour in Miami.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Great pictures. It’s not often that you see the Islands dining room at RPR in a food report.
We are at RPR in the summer would you recommend it?
Old 27 Mar 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great pictures. It’s not often that you see the Islands dining room at RPR in a food report.
We are at RPR in the summer would you recommend it?
It was nice but a little pricey. We chose it mainly because the hotel was so nice we didn't want to go out! I've heard good things about the wok experience they do but it wasn't on the night we went. We were practically the only people in there so not the best atmosphere! I'd go again though we did enjoy it.
Old 28 Mar 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Just got round to sorting the rest of our photos and I have some Miami ones which may be of interest! We only did one night in Miami after our cruise.

For the evening meal on the first day we did a food tour with Miami Culinary Tours rather than buy dinner. Brilliant decision as it was soooo good. We learnt loads about Miami as well as tasting lots of yummy food! I really wanted to do the Little Havana tour but the only evening one was the South Beach tour so we did that instead. You meet at a bar near south beach for the first stop, which was a white fish ceviche and an empanada

They also gave us a local beer mixed with cream soda which was basically shandy but they called it something else. I had a sip but hate beer so of course didn't like it!

I'm not good with raw fish, and the ceviche is only cooked in the acid from fruit but I gave it a go (proud of myself lol). It was tasty but I didn't like the texture. Others on the tour raved about it. Some people didn't show up and there was spare plates of food, I hoovered up about 4 empanadas. So that will tell you how good they were!

Here's our guide talking to us about the Versace house. We are now watching the documentary/dramatisation on BBC about the Versace murder and its absolutley fascinating. Wish I'd seen it before seeing the house for real!

Old 28 Mar 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

After this we went to Larios on the Beach which is owned by Gloria Esterfan. Gorgeous place and we never would have gone by ourselves as its too pricey for us!

We had a dish of cuban style mince with tortillas and garlic oil for dipping- it has a proper name but I'm rubbish sorry! It was really delicious. It's worth mentioning at each stop we had a reserved table with jugs of water waiting for us which was lovely. Also tipping was not required at each stop (we did tip the guide at the end).

Next stop was one of the iconic art deco Ocean Drive hotels where we had a potato and meat croquettes. Yummy but not memorable

Then a pizza place a block or so away from the beach. We had a vegetarian pitta sandwich with rocket, sundried tomato and mozzarella which they are famous for

Most people loved these but I'm not a sundried tomato fan. I'd rather have tried their pizza as it looked really good. We still ended up with a bag of pitta breads to take home as there was loads left. This stop did not have a reserved table as it was a small takeaway joint. We ate standing which was fine but I dropped bits all over the floor so felt bad about that!

Last stop was a gelato place on Espanola way (Spanish area). You could choose a little scoop of any flavour

This is probably the best gelato I've ever had. You could buy a bigger cone but we were too full! I think I had chocolate and hubby had caramel

That was the end of the food tour and we felt it great value for money. I think we paid around $60 each?

Next day food was terribly boring as we ate the left over pizza pittas and some krispy kremes from Walgreens! Sorry.

That's all my food pics except the cruise which I'm sure isn't really of interest on here!
Old 28 Mar 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
It was nice but a little pricey. We chose it mainly because the hotel was so nice we didn't want to go out! I've heard good things about the wok experience they do but it wasn't on the night we went. We were practically the only people in there so not the best atmosphere! I'd go again though we did enjoy it.
Thanks.