Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 14 May 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarich
Getting Excited

Mortem Manor at Old Town Kisimmee

Hey everyone

Has anybody done Mortem Manor at Old Town Kisimmee?

Looks like a new version of Terror on Church Street (don't know if anybody remembers that in downtown Orlando) - if its anything like terror on church street will potentially be amazing, but looking for anybodys comments for people who have been?
Thanks
rich
Floridarich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
byeo
Very Serious Dibber

Is this new? I remember a "Haunted House" walk-through type place in Old Town when I went the first time back in 2002...
07' Disney's All-Star Music Resort
10' Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
byeo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Where exactly was Terror on Church Street? (I'm hoping I don't look foolish and it was on Church Street! )

I have memories of one of our first trips to Florida (pre kids) and going to a 'house' where you walked through in the dark as part of a long line of people. Zombies etc would jump out on you etc etc

I'm pretty sure I remember waiting around in a bus station to go 'home'?!? and also having a drink/meal at a first floor restaurant in some sort of commercial area!?!?

To add to my confusion I have had frequent dreams about this so I don't know what is a real memory and what is not!

I would love some clarity on where the attraction actually was so I can google it etc...

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridarich
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by byeo View Post
Is this new? I remember a "Haunted House" walk-through type place in Old Town when I went the first time back in 2002...
Not sure? was looking on the old town website and happened across it so assume it is (although not been to old town in over 25 years)...
Floridarich is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridarich
Getting Excited

If memory serves me right, it was on the corner of Church Street and Orange Avenue in Downtown Orlando, and there were a load of restaurants etc just around the corner / down the road (very hazy memory from 1990-ish). Was a big building where you walked around and got scared to death (a pre-lude to the current haloween horror nights kind of thing)...

The one thing I do remember well is just how amazing it was... it was hilarious and scary all at the same time ... amazing stuff

If you google "6 Ways Terror on Church Street Revolutionized the Haunt Industry" you should find a good website on it...
Old 17 May 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

The Terror on Church St. people used to own the Old Town house and it was apparently awesome. I tried previous owner and that was okay, but nothing special. Sadly I missed the opportunity to experience the ToCS house as it only lasted a short while. I think 2014 to 2017 if memory serves.

Not sure about this new house though. In 2017 they had a bury you in a coffin option with a public camera for people to watch you
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List