Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 May 18, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bettyboopin
Proud to wear my Ears

Cruise?

Well we are going on a sneaky 12 day trip and i'm wondering whether to do a 4 day cruise... has anyone been on one? would you recommend it? does the price include food?... just after help and advise really, thank you x
bettyboopin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Yes we can recommend, we did a three day Disney Bahamas cruise smack bang in the middle of our stay. It was our first cruise and loved it. Your food is included, you'll be assigned a time, this will be the same each night, you'll also visit a different restaurant each night and your servers will come with you. You can pay for fine dinning if you wish, what's not included is your tips (see here for more info) You'll get 4 envelopes on your last day to do this.

Youll love castaway cay if you go, and I can also recommend the cocktail class, its cheaper than paying for 4 single cocktails and you can make them as strong as you like lol
Old 12 May 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

I'd highly recommend giving it a go if you fancy it!

We did a 4 night Royal Caribbean cruise from Miami (went to Nassau, RC's own island Cococay & Key West) during our trip in 2007.. It was a fantastic contrast to the theme parks & made it feel like we had been on 2 holidays ... Since then we have done three 7 night cruises as part of some of our Florida trips & cant wait to do another one - planning that as part of our 2020 trip

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Redriva is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
bettyboopin
Proud to wear my Ears

Thank you... do you have to book direct through Disney or are there ant discount sites? we are going in 3 weeks so i was hoping to get a late deal.x
bettyboopin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by bettyboopin View Post
Thank you... do you have to book direct through Disney or are there ant discount sites? we are going in 3 weeks so i was hoping to get a late deal.x
Id book through Disney cruise, we looked at prices and then half an hour later we were sat in VH and they just did exactly the same thing but the prices went up.
Old 12 May 18, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Redriva
Imagineer

if you want Royal Caribbean cruises then yes, book on their UK site ... you can often get some amazing last minute deals with them ... that's first cruise we did was booked 8 weeks ahead and cost us £326 for 2 adults & 2 kids
Old 14 May 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Late to the party, but you won't get a bargain with DCL so late as their prices are always cheaper when they are first released.

Definitely book direct or with a US TA, not a UK one.

Have a great time whatever you decide to do. I would add that there are many cruise lines but I would personally avoid Carnival on short cruises as they are renowned to be a bit 'hen nightish' if you get my meaning.
Old 19 May 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm just about to do a royal Caribbean 4 night cruise as part of a longer holiday. I did all my research and costings doing it diy, then went to my ta to see if they could match it. They did even better as it now includes all the transfers too. They booked everything for us. This was all done through Hayes travel.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List