Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 23 May 18, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Trip planning, help wanted!

We are going to Florida for two weeks in November. Flights are to Miami and we have a rental car for the whole vacation.
We are two families, two cars, 4 adults and 3 kids. Kids are quite young 2-2-4 years, so we've all agreed that we'll do the themeparks when kids are older.

We've decided guidelines for the trip, so that we pick to destinations and keep them as a basecamp for possible daytrips nearby. At the moment we are looking at Siesta Key in Sarasota and Ft. Lauderdale (Lauderdale-by-the-sea to be exact). Propably rent a house in both destinations.

Do you guys have any suggestions for us? Beaches and Pools are a must.

Everything is appreciated- daytrip ideas for these places, or completely new itinenary ideas.

Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Red Barn flea market at Bradenton, Ringling circus museum. I wouldn't bother with the Marie Selby botanical Gardens, we found it to be a disappointment.
Old 23 May 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve stayed a week in Lido Key north of Siesta one year and loved all the beaches in that area. Powdery white sand and clear blue waters.
St Armands Circle is a lovely shopping and restaurant area. Tommy Bahamas was yummy if it’s still open. I’m sure there was a Kilwins Ice Cream parlour too.

We took our daughter to Busch Gardens when she was about 19/20 months old with my hubby and my sister. DD enjoyed all the animals and the adults took turns going on some rides.

Stayed in Fort Lauderdale twice but not been since 2007. Las Olas Boulevard is a lovely shopping and restaurant area. The beach front in Fort Lauderdale also had lots of places to eat.
We went on a boat tour of all the big houses, like a little Venice one day which was lovely and you know where to spend your lottery winnings 😄. I’m sure this included a gator park visit.
I think there was also a few water parks within driving distance.

Have a lovely time.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the ideas. I'll definetly kee p the Ringlings in mind. We'll propably do a daytrip to key west as well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracy34
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 7SeasSailor View Post
Red Barn flea market at Bradenton, Ringling circus museum. I wouldn't bother with the Marie Selby botanical Gardens, we found it to be a disappointment.
We love a mooch round Red Barn..it's full of 'useful' tat..
Lindfields 2005, Hillcrest 2008, Sunset Ridge 2009, Windwood Bay 2011, Terrace Ridge 2013, Dallas Texas 2013, Bridgewater Crossing 2014, Terrace Ridge and Siesta Key June 2015, Siesta Key Nov 2015, Terrace Ridge June 2016, Sarasota Oct 2016, Sarasota and Siesta Key July 2017, Sarasota Oct 2017, Siesta Key June 2018, Siesta Key...Key West..Orlando Nov 2018, Siesta Key..Key West...Sarasota June 2019, Sarasota Oct 2019, Sarasota March 2020,
Tracy34 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List