Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 23 May 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydreams
Earning More Ears

Which room to book on Disney dream?

Hello,
I wondered if anyone could recommend a room to book for a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Extended Verandah?
We’re a family of 3 and i’ve finally convinced them to book a 3 night stay on the Dream for next April.
I keep going to book but get slightly overwhelmed by making the choice. Which deck isn’t too loud?
Least bumpy? Lift noise etc?
Any advice gratefully received
Sunnydreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve booked a deluxe ocean view stateroom with extended verandah on the dream for this August and have chosen deck 5 not sure why as I’m a first time cruiser.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by Sunnydreams View Post
Hello,
I wondered if anyone could recommend a room to book for a Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Extended Verandah?
We’re a family of 3 and i’ve finally convinced them to book a 3 night stay on the Dream for next April.
I keep going to book but get slightly overwhelmed by making the choice. Which deck isn’t too loud?
Least bumpy? Lift noise etc?
Any advice gratefully received
Personally, I would avoid anything on 10, 11 or 12 just because you may experience noise from the public deck (sunloungers, chairs scraping etc).

If you want an extended veranda, go for the one of the dark grey ones HERE
They are the biggest as you can see.

Are you sure you need a veranda for just 3 nights? You'll spend very little time in your room on that short cruise.

Joa
Old 25 May 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunnydreams
Earning More Ears

I quite like the look of deck 5, a Verandah is only £150- more and we quite like the idea and sitting out early morning/evening.
Is it particularly rocky the lower you go on a ship?
Also with the dining would we be able to see a show after the 2nd seating? We don’t like to eat early but don’t want to miss evening entertainment.
Oh one more question if we request to be sat alone is it likely to be fulfilled? Many thanks in advance
Sunnydreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I quite like the look of deck 5, a Verandah is only £150- more and we quite like the idea and sitting out early morning/evening.
Also with the dining would we be able to see a show after the 2nd seating? We don’t like to eat early but don’t want to miss evening entertainment.
Oh one more question if we request to be sat alone is it likely to be fulfilled? Many thanks in advance

Cant help with the table just for you? But if you put in a request it could be possible. The people whom Eat at first sitting, get to watch the second show. And bice versa! So you wont miss out whichever sitting you have for dinner. As for stability on the ship, the lower, and more central the better usually. But deck 5 has no central rooms due to kids clubs. Tho the Balconies on 5 are bigger than others on most floors. Try looking if room 5650 is available. 😉
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
I'm with you..I wouldn't cruise without a verandah. It is lovely.

With dining and entertainment, you either watch the show and then attend the second seating for dinner, or eat at the 1st sitting and see a show afterwards. You can't go for the 2nd seating and then see a show afterwards. The seating you are assigned is also set for the cruise..you can't pick and choose each night.

Every time we have cruised on the Fantasy we have had our request for a separate table granted, including our request to have the same serving team as our first cruise!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Deck 5 would be fine and there are some big balconies there as Rein mentions. They come out over the top of the lifeboats basically which gives them their extra space.

The higher you go, the more rocking you'll feel (traditionally), but just because you feel sea sick on a ferry/car/train *insert any other mode of transport*, doesn't mean you will get sea sick on a cruise ship.

For meals, you can request a table for two but it's never guaranteed. To check before your dinner time, when you board the ship, have a look at the first day Navigator and it will tell you where to go for dining assignments - go there and ask them. I can highly recommend dining with others though, you all have a common theme for chatting about - DISNEY! It's a great way to meet new friends and they match families really well.

As has been said before, you can't be on late dining then watch the show afterwards, but you can watch it beforehand which should suit you perfectly.

Have fun!