Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 May 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Herbiegoesbanan View Post
Thats sounds pretty much like what we want to do. How far in advance did you book your flights? I've been looking on BA and its coming it at just over 3k for 4 of us from Heathrow. Did you fly from Manchester to Heathrow because of where you live or some other reason. Someone else has put that they did that too and one of our quotes had it on too but seems a bit odd to me - unless you are on the doorstep of Manchester airport.

Might look at doing it in the Summer holidays instead of Easter as I guess that could be a big factor.

Thanks for replying though - its a massive help.
We are flying this route just for the cost really, direct from heathrow was double the price.

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Herbiegoesbanan
I want to go now!

Thanks for letting me - shall investigate further as Manchester would be easier for us as we can get a direct train to the airport whereas Heathrow is a bit further and not a direct route. Thanks again.
Herbiegoesbanan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
weg831
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We are doing this exact trip this summer. Flying from Heathrow to Miami. 4 nights in an Airbnb apartment in Miami, 2 nights in key west “cottage”, 1 night in Islamorada about half way up the keys. Then 4 nights in a villa in Naples before driving up to Orlando for 3 nights doing Universal. The last day we drive back to Miami to fly home. We booked it all through booking.com or hotels.com and Airbnb. Booked a fly drive via BA back in September last year.
weg831 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

We are doing a DIY trip in August flying Man-Lhr-Mia and then Mia-Madrid-Man for £1105 for 2 adults and 1 youth. Booked with Netflights in January. We had no intention of returning this year but couldn’t refuse the flights at that price.
This is the second time we have had bargain indirect flights with BA from Manchester. Last year we had a fly drive to LA via Heathrow for £1225!
We are going to Naples for 3 nights and booked with hotels.com with Tesco clubcard points.
Then we are going to St Pete’s Beach for 2 nights and finally 9 nights in a condo in Windsor Palms.
As our flight home doesn’t leave until 10.30pm we driving back to Miami on the final day stopping off at the Sawgrass Mall before going to the airport,
Definitely recommend booking the trip yourself and keeping an eye out for indirect flights from Manchester.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BevArnTwe
Proud to wear my Ears

We’ve booked all our own for trip this year. Booked flights and car hire through BA which made it a package so protected for 3 weeks 10th-31st Aug, Manchester-Heathrow-Miami booked about 11months out for 2A & 3C (14,13&10) 7 seater for £2600. Heathrow to Miami was double the price as already stated by someone else, so no brainier really. We’ve also added HRH Universal hotel in with BA for 1night as they were cheapest for that too. Villa booked on the Dibb, and Disney hotel booked direct with Disney. Hope this info helps you.
BevArnTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Northtim
Excited about Disney

We are also flying MAN-LHR-MIA and doing a road trip 18aug to 2 Sept this year. BA Flydrive booked in January sales 6 travellers and 7 seater minivan included for £2800.

We have 2 nights in Miami Hotel, 1 night in Everglades City motel (will do airboat trip somewhere near there), a week in a Cape Coral villa with included power boat, and then 5 days in Orlando before last day drive back to Miami.

Not doing parks this time and when we were pricing this up at about £5k total it is much cheaper than flying to the Med and having 2 weeks in a villa there.

We did think about the Keys but decided we wanted to stay a bit longer in places and keep to a budget.
Northtim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tim17
slightly serious Dibber

I've done two similar road trips recently which I organised myself, booked a fly-drive and then chose the hotels based on location, price and internet reviews. If I was the OP I would skip staying in Miami and drive straight to Islamorada or Marathon for four nights and use that as a base for exploring the Keys then three nights in Naples before driving to Orlando. I love driving but hate the unpacking/packing and having to stick to arrival/leaving times in the hotels.
tim17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Young Pooh
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Herbiegoesbanan View Post
Thats sounds pretty much like what we want to do. How far in advance did you book your flights? I've been looking on BA and its coming it at just over 3k for 4 of us from Heathrow. Did you fly from Manchester to Heathrow because of where you live or some other reason. Someone else has put that they did that too and one of our quotes had it on too but seems a bit odd to me - unless you are on the doorstep of Manchester airport.

Might look at doing it in the Summer holidays instead of Easter as I guess that could be a big factor.

Thanks for replying though - its a massive help.
We are in West Yorkshire so Manchester is the easiest option for us. We booked the BA flydrive in September 2016 for August 2017. It was much cheaper to do it this way than flight only.

Originally our flight out was with AA via Philly. The BA flight via LHR was much more expensive at the time. But then AA changed the flight time by about 10mins and I saw on here that others had been able to change their flight. I called BA and she basically asked what flight we wanted - I suggested the BA flight via LHR and she changed it no problem.

We are going back again next year and will be looking at BA again this September.

Young Pooh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 18, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lell
Imagineer

Lell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We are flying into Miami in September from Glasgow, staying 3 night Key Largo, 2 nights Cocoa Beach, 2 nights St Augustine and 7 nights at Universal. We booked it all through BA and it was £1700 for 2 adults.
DLP (Disney Explorers) Sep 2004, DLP (Sequoia Lodge) Sep 2007, Disney CSR/Universal RPR Oct 2010, Disney AKL Oct 2012, Doubletree by Hilton at Seaworld Oct 2014, West Coast Road Trip 2017, Florida Road Trip 2018, West Coast Road Trip 2019, East Coast/Canada Road trip 2022, National Parks Road Trip 2023
Lell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
lisa las vegas
Excited about Disney

We did something similar last year. We flew into Miami stayed in an airport hotel for 1 night then drove down to Marathon in the keys for 2 nights after that we drove across the Everglades and stayed in a villa in Cape Coral for 3 nights before heading up to Orlando for 9 nights staying in a villa there. We drove back to Miami for our flight home. We booked flights and car hire in the BA sale in the sept before and booked everything else independently. Can’t remember the exact cost but it was around the 4K mark we are a family of 5.
lisa las vegas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List