Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 28 May 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Question Anthem of the Seas

Hi all,

After sailing on the Disney Fantasy twice, we have caught the cruising bug (we think). We love the way we can visit so many different places in one trip.

However, we sadly cannot justify the cost of DCL, and the itineraries do seem a little limited. A Royal Caribbean itinerary has caught our eye, sailing on the Anthem of the Seas.

We are split..half of us want to give it a go, and half of us think we'll hate it compared to DCL. We like the relaxed, family style of DCL and the activities to keep us busy. Has anyone sailed in Anthem that can offer opinions?

On googling, she looks blimmin huge!

Thanks in advcane

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**

Edited at 06:56 PM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stecee
Imagineer

I’m in a similar position to you, only in reverse
We have sailed with RCI, not on the Anthem but on the Allure of the Seas and had a fabulous time. Yes the ship is enormous, at the time it was the biggest cruise ship in the world, but it never felt crowded.
We found the entertainment to be very good, you are never stuck for something to. There are plenty of places where you can have a quiet time if that’s what you want.
In the evening you are spoilt for choice, there are any number of venues to go and we found the headline shows to be top notch.
The food in the main dining room was very good, though one night we did have quite a wait to get seated, (anytime dining).
I would definitely do another cruise with RCI, next years holiday is either going to be with them or Disney on the Fantasy on a Caribbean cruise.
Where is the cruise to ?
'Oct 97 Days inn main gate west, June '02 Days inn main gate west, Dec '05 All star movie resort, Aug '07 Caribbean Beach Resort, Sept '09 Port Orleans Riverside, Oct'10 Tour then villa at Highgate, May '12 Emerald Island villa. Oct '14 The Keys then SSR.

Edited at 08:52 AM.
stecee is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I sailed on Anthem when she debuted, and thought she was a beautiful ship, lots to see and do, and fantastic shows. We are sailing her in August this year, to Canada and New England from NYC.

I cannot compare to DCL, but do think you would like the ship etc.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Thanks! Good to know.

The itinerary is From NJ I think, via New York to Haiti, Puerto Rico, st Martin etc.

We have done both Caribbean itineraries on the Fantasy. Both blew us away but it's just too pricey or next year. Plus we've done the Caribbean itineraries now!

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Jason - I remember when I was in your Photopass shares and I told you I was doing a Disney cruise and you said how your really wanted to try one, but wasn't sure you would like it!

So glad you enjoyed it and enough to go twice!

We are off on our 4th DCL cruise in August on the Magic - 11 nights - Copenhagen, Norway, Iceland, Scotland and Dover.

We have done two 3 nighters on the DreM, but so far our favourite was 7 nights Alaska on the Wonder.

The only one we haven't done is the Fantasy.

I have been trying to persuade the family to go on a cheaper cruise, but nobody is having it!

Are you off to Florida again this year?

Edit - Just noticed your countdown!

Edited at 07:45 PM.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
dee slack
Imagineer

we were on Anthem when she sailed from Southampton to New Jersey and loved it! 8 night cruise - no ports, very bad weather for a couple of days but still one of our favourite cruises ever (18 total cruises, 6 of which DCL) as such a lot of things to do.
We liked the escape room and north star and hubby loved the more physical activities - circus school, wave rider thingy, skydiving simulator tube, rock climbing, roller skating... Thought the evening entertainment was excellent and the bionic bar was great to watch (and hubby used but I don't drink alcohol).
Enjoyed the food a lot (and I'm a really fussy eater) so wouldn't hesitate to go back for the right itinerary.
Disney Magic 1998*Rocky Mountaineer 2002*Italy 03 *Kenya safari 03*US S'west 04 *Dubai 04*China & Hong Kong 05*Royal Clipper 05*Sth Africa,Swaziland, Zambia,Botswana 06*India 06*Iceland 07*WDW VR 07*Tanzania 11*Japan 12*DCL EBTA 13*HK DL, Angkor Wat Cambodia,Vietnam,Thailand,Singapore 2014* DCL EBPC 14*Galapagos, Machu Picchu 15*DCL Hawaii 15*Australia,Bali 16*Asian parks 17*Alaska & polar bears 18*ABC's & Cuba cruise
dee slack is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List