Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 May 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Concierge on the Disney Dream

Morning,

I’m thinking of booking a 4 night cruise out of PC next October and booking concierge level (normal stateroom not the one bed suites - budget sadly won’t stretch that far). I see the lounge is deck 12 but it looks like most of the staterooms are on deck 11 and just above Vibe. I’m a really light sleeper so was just wondering if there was any noise issues with the rooms of deck 11.

Also any advice on concierge or what room to book would be much appreciated, thanks
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fenland girl View Post
Morning,

I’m thinking of booking a 4 night cruise out of PC next October and booking concierge level (normal stateroom not the one bed suites - budget sadly won’t stretch that far). I see the lounge is deck 12 but it looks like most of the staterooms are on deck 11 and just above Vibe. I’m a really light sleeper so was just wondering if there was any noise issues with the rooms of deck 11.

Also any advice on concierge or what room to book would be much appreciated, thanks
We did concierge on the Dream last year, on deck 12, it was wonderful, we were literally across the corridor from the lounge for coffees and stronger drinks!

The staff were fab including the bar tender, we’d like to do another cruise but it’s sort of spoiled us, we didn’t eat at the mdr restaurants we had our meals in the room fabulous, you’ll have a wonderful time x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I'm not sure where you're looking, but Vibe (on the Dream and Fantasy) is on deck 5. Edge (the slightly younger aged club) is nowhere near it either as it's in the chimney stack basically.

Again, not sure where you're looking, but deck 12 has 14 concierge veranda cabins, whereas deck 11 only has 6.

Use THIS DECK PLAN

So, for us personally, we'd prefer deck 11 as you may get the noise of sunloungers scraping all day and very early morning if you were on deck 12 (public deck is 13). We have done a top deck twice and I wouldn't choose to do it again, just my opinion.
The Dream concierge is lovely, has a great lounge, a private sun deck with hot tub (new) and free drinks for 5 hours each day. The lounges are great and the concierge hosts are great too.

I would opt for cabin 11004 if it's available as that has a bump out veranda. It has plexi glass top and bottom but with a large gap through the middle. Difficult to describe so here's a photo ..

There's good and bad for all cabins ... 11004 is on the port side so no fantastic view of Castaway Cay, just the dock side of it, but you get that lovely veranda with no deck noise!

Hope that helps
Joa

Edited at 08:41 AM.
Bats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
We did concierge on the Dream last year, on deck 12, it was wonderful, we were literally across the corridor from the lounge for coffees and stronger drinks!

The staff were fab including the bar tender, we’d like to do another cruise but it’s sort of spoiled us, we didn’t eat at the mdr restaurants we had our meals in the room fabulous, you’ll have a wonderful time x
You can only do MDR meals in your room if you have a 1 bed suite or above, not in the family staterooms. Just clarifying that for the OP ok.
Old 21 May 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
pubguv
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi we have sailed on concierge twice in a family room and in a 1 bed suite both times on deck 12 and we have never had any noise from above. The only problem is that once you have sailed in a suite on the dream nothing else is ever going to live up to that.
pubguv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
HarryPotterGeek
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I’ve booked the same but for May, and after looking at rooms available and reviews I went for 12508 (Cat V) - there’s a couple of videos of the room on YouTube and it has really great reviews as slightly larger balcony and very close to the lounge.
HarryPotterGeek is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by pubguv View Post
Hi we have sailed on concierge twice in a family room and in a 1 bed suite both times on deck 12 and we have never had any noise from above. The only problem is that once you have sailed in a suite on the dream nothing else is ever going to live up to that.
I disagree. We've done concierge on the Magic and the Fantasy, but often opt for an inside room as that enables us to sail more often.
It's a lovely experience, but it doesn't mean a less enjoyable cruise if you're not in concierge, it's just different.

I'd hate to feel a future cruise wouldn't live up to any past ones, regardless of what deck I was on.
Old 21 May 18, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

Love the concierge suites on Disney dream. We had a cabin on deck 12. We had no issue with noise and managed to book one of the 4 family staterooms on deck 12 with the larger verandah. They are so close to the concierge lounge and private deck area.
We booked for last September again but on arrival at Disney found it had been cancelled because of hurricane irma. So disappointed.
So have booked again for September this year in the same cabin. Can't wait.
The only downside is that it is very addictive.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Fenland girl
Very Serious Dibber

Fenland girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Morning all,

I just wanted to say thanks for all your responses and room recommendations. I’m off to you tube to have a look at the videos there (thanks for the tip HarryPottergeek). And thanks Bats for clarifying the deck plans and mentioning the bump out verandahs - I hadn’t picked up that there are different sized verandahs so will try and aim for something with a bigger verandah.

God to know too that Concierge is a good option and not a waste of money. I’m booking this as a surprise for DH and don’t want to spend my pennies on something that is a waste.

Now to set my alarm for the 23rd when I can book this ...
Fenland girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed in 12006 and had no noise at all. We were right by the lounge. I wouldn't do it again without Concierge either
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List