Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jun 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Pippy
Very Serious Dibber

So excited to read this, my husband suggested a Japan trip next year after watching the trackers Vlogs yesterday. He never suggests holidays, he lets me choose and arrange them all and just comes along

I’m still in shock and I spent last night looking into to it and I’m so excited. Planning a week in May.
Pippy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by miked1e View Post
All sounds fantastic.

Would you say 8 nights is long enough to see Disneyland Tokyo and in and around Tokyo itself?
We didn't find it nearly long enough but it was all we had enough leave left for. There is so much more we could have done just in the Tokyo area that we could easily have spent another week there.
Eight days was enough to give us a taste of this awesome city - and a huge desire to return!
Old 13 Jun 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Thanks so much for feeding back! We are planning for 2020 and also thinking about the Sheraton.

We are thinking of the Citadines also, but the other one (not central) as we want a queen bed and we like the look of the sliding room divider! We plan to go there first so our body clocks can adjust before Disney.

I've been warned off SAS and a couple of others (Aeroflot particularly) but heard Finnair and KLM are OK for indirect flights. Trying to avoid Air France because they do love to go on strike!

Did you book a trip to Fuji or just do it yourself? If you did it yourself I'd really be interested in the logistics as this is something we are definitely planning.

What would you say are must sees in Tokyo?

Thanks again for your help.
We got a very good price with Emirates if that helps.👍🏻
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

We are thinking of doing a Tokyo trip after watching recent vlogs. Most people seem to stay at the Hilton, so was wondering what the Sheraton was like. Also do you think you can visit Tokyo city from the hotels at Disney? Or is it better doing a split stay?
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
We are thinking of doing a Tokyo trip after watching recent vlogs. Most people seem to stay at the Hilton, so was wondering what the Sheraton was like. Also do you think you can visit Tokyo city from the hotels at Disney? Or is it better doing a split stay?
You can definitely visit Tokyo city from the Disney hotels - we stayed at the Sheraton and did day trips into Tokyo city. For the same amount of money, we got a larger/nicer room at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay compared to a room in Tokyo city itself. The only downside is that it does take a bit of time (less than an hour) to get into the city so it’s not really doable to pop in and pop out versus staying in a hotel in the city itself...