Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 14 Jun 18, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
No you don't get an option. You have to open another tab and do a Google search for Alamo skip the counter. Then click on that link
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsnapper
Imagineer

Booked via the VA site.

Did Skip the counter yesterday and it says - "just walk to the car you want and drive away"

I have reserved a "luxury" - last year the keys for those were kept in the office but the above suggests this has changed again - anyone know for sure ?
Redsnapper is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Air tours package with an Alamo car

It’s been a while since we’ve picked our hire car up from MCO (normally use magical express)
Anyway I have a few questions but am interested in doing on line check in and straight to garage as it sounds like it’ll save me time.

How do I do this... not sure what reference numbers I have or which website for Alamo I can do this on.

Would also like to know what I do when I arrive? Just follow the Alamo / car hire signs? Then what? Sorry if that sounds a bit dozy but would appreciate any guidance!

Thank you
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Alamo Online Check in Website - alamo/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html

Once you've done that you're good to go straight to the garage. Follow the signs to the car rental desks and then go straight outside. You'll see the multi story car park in front of you. Go to the Alamo booth, show them your online check in slip. They'll walk you across to the row of vehicles you can pick from.

Once you have you car, drive to the exit and show:
Driving Licence (for each driver)
Debit / Credit Card (in lead drivers name)
Rental Voucher

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DDD View Post
It’s been a while since we’ve picked our hire car up from MCO (normally use magical express)
Anyway I have a few questions but am interested in doing on line check in and straight to garage as it sounds like it’ll save me time.

How do I do this... not sure what reference numbers I have or which website for Alamo I can do this on.

Would also like to know what I do when I arrive? Just follow the Alamo / car hire signs? Then what? Sorry if that sounds a bit dozy but would appreciate any guidance!

Thank you
DDD
Not quite sure what you mean with your title "air tours". Have you actually already booked an Alamo car or not?

If not you should be able to skip the counter with Alamo with most providers. Try

alamo/partners/members/brits or a reliable broker such as
discountfloridacarhire

If you see a price and car that you like then book it and proceed to on line check in and skip the counter on the web site. This will give you a page with a bar code on it.

When you get to MCO simply go to ground level on either side A or B, cross the road and into the Alamo garage.

Pick a car, drive to the barrier with your bar code, CC and D/L and away you go.

Mick
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Not quite sure what you mean with your title "air tours".
Airtours do package holidays. Fairly sure they use Alamo

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by DFCH-Andy View Post
Airtours do package holidays. Fairly sure they use Alamo
Thanks Andy - your web site link will be more useful than my ramblings.

Haven't seen the word Airtours for years.

Mick

Edited at 09:58 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:25 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks Andy - your web site link will be more useful than my ramblings.

Haven't seen the word Airtours for years.

Mick
Mick,
Thomas Cook still sell package holidays under the Airtours brand
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Mick,
Thomas Cook still sell package holidays under the Airtours brand
Thanks for that. Hopefully the Alamo car will include all the required insurances.

Mick
Old 30 Jun 18, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DDD View Post

Thank you
DDD
DDD, the key bit of information that you need is your Alamo booking reference.
Once you have that then you can go onto Alamo.com and do OLCI and STC just as Andy and Mick have said.
The problem is you will probably only get it from Airtours once you have paid the full holiday balance off.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List