Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 18, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Cloverlady and pumpkin pie - glad to hear that both of you enjoyed Singapore!

Regarding the jungle - there is actually a very small patch of primary forest in the middle of the island, surrounded on all sides by the city...

I feel like I should get out and see more of Singapore now - I don't think I've done some of the things on your lists!

nparks.gov.sg/pulau-ubin/about/directions - how to get to Pulau Ubin. (Will say though that I've not done this...)

nursetina - hope you have a great time in Singapore too! There are a lot of exchange bureaus everywhere here, but not sure how good the rate will be. If I pass by one I'll try to see what the rate is (no promises though as I might not get there before you leave!)
Old 25 May 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
panspeep
Excited about Disney

I’ve so pleased I’ve found this thread, we are doing 3 days in Singapore in early April next year on the way back from Australia, we couldn’t decide whether to stay in Sentosa or in the city, in the end we chose the city, staying at the Conrad Centennial which seems to be pretty close to all the places we want to visit, looking forward to it. Thanks for the tip about the Scottish notes.
Old 25 May 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
nursetina - hope you have a great time in Singapore too! There are a lot of exchange bureaus everywhere here, but not sure how good the rate will be. If I pass by one I'll try to see what the rate is (no promises though as I might not get there before you leave!)
Thank you sky13, if you get a chance to give me an idea of the 3xchange rate before I leave that would be great... but don't worry if you don't get a chance.

Panspeep. Lots of really helpful and knowlegable people on here so ask away if it helps with your planning.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Thank you sky13, if you get a chance to give me an idea of the 3xchange rate before I leave that would be great... but don't worry if you don't get a chance.
OK so I happened to walk past a couple of money changers (i.e. exchange bureaus) earlier today and the rate was buy 1.777 and sell 1.812 at one and about the same at the other. What this means (I think) is that if you want to change pounds into dollars, £1 gets you SGD$1.777; and if you want to change dollars into pounds, SGD$1.812 gets you £1. Hopefully I've gotten it the right way round!
Old 26 May 18, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
OK so I happened to walk past a couple of money changers (i.e. exchange bureaus) earlier today and the rate was buy 1.777 and sell 1.812 at one and about the same at the other. What this means (I think) is that if you want to change pounds into dollars, £1 gets you SGD$1.777; and if you want to change dollars into pounds, SGD$1.812 gets you £1. Hopefully I've gotten it the right way round!
Thanks sky13...definately a better rate there than here so taking sterling and changing there is the plan.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jun 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
thesorcerer
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I didn’t even think to look on here as I’m planning Oz via Singapore and may do Shanghai on the way home.
Glad I had a peep now.

Sunridge Woods, Davenport. 2010
Disney Wilderness Lodge Christmas 2014
Vista Cay Apartments 2014
Sunridge Woods... again. 2017
Singapore 2019 (Universal, Whoop, Whoop)
Disneyland Hotel DLP (CANCELLED)
"Ooo-oooo! Big summer celebratory blowout" 2022
thesorcerer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Well we are home 😭
We had an amazing time and loved it all.
I'll give you a brief trippie with photos if I can in a separate post but if anyone has any questions ask away.
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Well we are home 😭
I'll give you a brief trippie with photos if I can in a separate post but if anyone has any questions ask away.
Welcome home, glad you loved it too!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Well we are home 😭
Glad you had a great time. Looking forward to your trippie as I'm just starting to look at what to book in Singapore for August.
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Puddle5
Apprentice Imagineer

Puddle5's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Glad everyone enjoyed themselves!. Singapore is an amazing place and really looking forward to visiting again
Puddle5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List