Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 18, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

OKW 1 Br v Beach Club 1 Br Suite

We are currently booked into a 1 bedroom at OKW but I am toying with the idea of moving to a 1 Br Suite at the Beach Club.

Both resorts have pros & cons for us so struggling on a decision.

I like the better transportation links as well as the pool as DS’s are 15 & 12 of the BC but Hubby on the other hand thinks OKW for the laundry and proximity to DS. Truly not sure on whether the extra money is worth it.

What could we be missing?

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dan's Mum View Post
We are currently booked into a 1 bedroom at OKW but I am toying with the idea of moving to a 1 Br Suite at the Beach Club.

Both resorts have pros & cons for us so struggling on a decision.

I like the better transportation links as well as the pool as DS’s are 15 & 12 of the BC but Hubby on the other hand thinks OKW for the laundry and proximity to DS. Truly not sure on whether the extra money is worth it.

What could we be missing?

Dee
Xx
Beach Club is incredible, being able to walk to Epcot and HS is unbeatable and the pool is the best on property. If you’re in a 1 bed villa at BC you’ll have a washer dryer.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

Are you comparing a 1 bed at OKW to a 1 bed at the Beach Club, or a studio at the Beach Club? A 1 bed at BC is a HUGE jump up in price, but as you mention the laundry, I'll assume you mean a studio.

We've stayed at OKW twice (in a 2 bed, 7+ of us usually, 5 this year) but this year we're staying at the Beach Club in a studio. Beach Club has worked out a couple hundred more than a 1 bed at OKW, so we're compromising on space, but gaining in location. Being within walking distance to 2 parks, plus the great pool at BC were the deciding factors for us. OKW is lovely, but every time we went to BC for an ADR I ended up desperate to stay there, and this year as it's just me hubby and the kids going, we booked it!
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Thank you.

I don’t think the Beach Club Villas are available so it was a 1 bedroom suite at the Beach Club that I have been toying with. It does mean access to the club lounge which the boys found useful at AKL previously and I really think the location would be perfect. I presume that laundry is like other hotels on site in that there is a room there somewhere .

Thanks again for your help.

Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

That must be nearly double the OKW price? I'm sure BC 1 beds have a washer and dryer like OKW does - other 1 beds do. There are 2 (I think) laundry rooms at BC. One in the hotel, one by the quiet pool (closest to Epcot).

I'm not sure I could justify such a huge price increase for the move though.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Thank you.

Yes it is a price hike - not double but still a lot. I had a PPI reclaim come through and I am thinking about whether this would make some memories for the boys. This could be the last year that Al comes away with us, they are still young enough to enjoy the pool etc.

I’m still toying with making that call and appreciate your comments.

Thanks all

X
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post
pad406
VIP Dibber

pad406's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Much as I like my luxury, and much as I like the BC, I'd find it hard to justify that kind of price hike for somewhere that you likely would not spend that much time, and it's not like you're moving from somewhere that isn't nice in the first place.

What about spending some of the savings on some tours or Dine with an Imagineer instead? I'd think those memories would far outlast the 'we stayed in a suite with some nice extra snacks' Just an opinion

Christmas 2018/New Year 2019 (19N) BC - RPR - BC
Christmas 2016/New Year 2017 (18N). SF, LA, Disneyland & SD
Christmas 2014/New Year 2015 (21N). BWI, Hard Rock, Beach Club
April 2012 (21N). New York, Beach Club
Christmas 2010/New Year 2011 (15N). Polynesian & AKL
pad406 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by pad406 View Post
Much as I like my luxury, and much as I like the BC, I'd find it hard to justify that kind of price hike for somewhere that you likely would not spend that much time, and it's not like you're moving from somewhere that isn't nice in the first place.

What about spending some of the savings on some tours or Dine with an Imagineer instead? I'd think those memories would far outlast the 'we stayed in a suite with some nice extra snacks' Just an opinion
Absolutely understand and thank you. I will be booking some trips and mnsshp as well so totally agree. We have stayed at OKW before and it wasn’t that it wasn’t nice but I (more than my husband) found it frustrating. We were in a villa where the only way to the bathroom was through the bedroom and transportation seemed to take forever to get out of the resort. I appreciate that the bedroom/bathroom is resolvable by getting the right block (and requests have been made) but there was nothing they could do last time. It is probably just me being me and wanting everything to be perfect and in my mind easier.

Xx
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If you can afford a one bed villa at BC rather than OKW I’d swap. Beach Club is a million times better IMO. I’ve stayed at both. That said the OKW one bed villas are the biggest on property by some distance. Lovely accommodation. Rubbish resort. Just IMO of course.
Old 19 Jun 18, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Definitely the Beach Club!
Being able to walk to Epcot and HS is fabulous and the restaurant options in the area are great without the need for a boat trip to DS.
There is a handy laundry room beside the quiet pool with plenty of washers and dryers.
I quite like the ambiance of OKW but have had too many bad rooms (road noise) to risk going there. You won't have that problem with a Beach Club suite and the Club access is such a bonus.
lov2dibb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List