Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 20 Jun 18, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
bobcat1
Getting to know the DIBB

Would you believe it... Tui have at last sent me an email today to advise there will be construction work at Jambo House and that there is no need to contact them about it as it will not cause disruption to my holiday ! Thank god for the lovely Chylah that is all I can say.
bobcat1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
Would you believe it... Tui have at last sent me an email today to advise there will be construction work at Jambo House and that there is no need to contact them about it as it will not cause disruption to my holiday ! Thank god for the lovely Chylah that is all I can say.
Jeez. Nothing like being late to the party...
TUI that is - not you

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
WorldInYellow
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but can anyone tell me whether in the end they were charged to change hotels (a fee or price difference)

We are due to stay for a week in November but considering other options because our five year old has ASD and I'm now worrying he is going to have a hard time understanding he can't use the pool, and that Kidani's pool will be too crowded and make him anxious. We also have a one year old too.

On the other hand we were really excited to stay here and can't really afford another $$$ to move.

Thanks x
WorldInYellow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBNow
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We were not charged and got moved to Boardwalk Inn, we are there first week in October.
MrsBNow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCat4
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by WorldInYellow View Post
I'm sorry if this has already been asked, but can anyone tell me whether in the end they were charged to change hotels (a fee or price difference)

We are due to stay for a week in November but considering other options because our five year old has ASD and I'm now worrying he is going to have a hard time understanding he can't use the pool, and that Kidani's pool will be too crowded and make him anxious. We also have a one year old too.

On the other hand we were really excited to stay here and can't really afford another $$$ to move.

Thanks x
Who did you book with? I think that almost entirely depends on your result! We booked with Virgin and whilst had a horrendous hastle, we got in touch with Disney and were eventually moved to Yacht Club for no extra (‘mid September 2018)

The email to contact Disney on is floating around somewhere in this thread
CheshireCat4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Gezzs
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WorldInYellow View Post

Thanks x
We've chosen not to move hotel in Sept, but I can confirm I was offered a choice of four alternatives with no extra charge. This was Disney that offered this, despite booking with Virgin Holidays (who were rubbish at helping!)

Florida: July 2009, Aug 2011, Sept 2014, Sept 2018, Sept 2024
Disneyland Paris: Dec 2023
Gezzs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
WorldInYellow
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you so much for your responses. Decisions decisions! We booked with Orlando Attractions (who have been so amazing by the way!) x
WorldInYellow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBNow
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I booked with Orlando Attractions, I emailed a very short email saying I wasn’t happy with the lack of pool and what options were available. Everything further was done on the phone, they called me to confirm I was happy with BWI while they had Disney on the other line. Have you phoned them to see what options are available? They were really really helpful
MrsBNow is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by bobcat1 View Post
Also received email today from TUI feel for those travellers who are not familiar with the dibb and have only just been made aware. Also great full to Chylah for sorting
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WorldInYellow
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsBNow View Post
I booked with Orlando Attractions, I emailed a very short email saying I wasn’t happy with the lack of pool and what options were available. Everything further was done on the phone, they called me to confirm I was happy with BWI while they had Disney on the other line. Have you phoned them to see what options are available? They were really really helpful
I haven't phoned them yet but might email them now because they arent open today. I did email Disney a few days ago but got nothing so far. Orlando Attractions have been very helpful with everything else, I wish I'd have gone straight through them now.

Do you think I'm too late in requesting? I didn't think I would get anywhere with it until I read this thread a few days ago!

Thanks x