Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jun 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
strog25
Dancing with Tink'

Alamo Brits - SUV Premium Elite

Hi All,

I am going out to Miami in October for 15 Days and I had a Standard SUV booked with Alamo for £400. I was browsing on Alamo/Brits yesterday and saw a SUV Premium Elite for £500, so I cancelled the Standard and booked this one. I have looked on other Car Hire sites and for this Car the price comes in at £1900 for the 15 day.

Got the Skip the Counter printed and all seems good to go.

I noticed another Poster got a similar Deal and he ended up with an Audi Q7, has anyone else had this class of car (UFAR) and what did you get.

I know some people have looked at self downgrading to a Full Size SUV as the £500 is still cheaper.

I have tweeted Alamo to see what other Cars apart from the BMW X3 that is quoted on the Booking.

Thanks

Rob
strog25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
jaybird0108
Earning More Ears

jaybird0108's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hi Rob, I have also just done this did Alamo come back to you with the fleet? Got my fingers crossed for a suburban
jaybird0108 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Just had a look for my trip but only gives the option of premium suv no elite mentioned so it would be X3 or similar which is nice but I was after something a bit larger, am I doing something wrong?
Cheers
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jaybird0108
Earning More Ears

jaybird0108's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Was also premium SUV for me and BMW X3 did not mention elite on my booking, looking at Alamo USA site under fleet they seem to have both options, but no mention of BMW X3
jaybird0108 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Mobile

I did a search for premium elite SUV and here's the link to Alamo USA
Sorry can't post the link

If scroll through the cars the premium SUV is a suburban and elite X3 . Also if you booking search they are the same price to rent. So the gamble would be getting to the rental desk being given a X3 and then asking how much for a suburban.
arty688 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

I just arrived home last week and did the same thing (booked the Premium Elite SUV BMW X3 or similar) for a few quid more than my original Mini Van booking also for Miami Collection.

I did a little review of it here

Basically all went fine, no BMW X3s available but offered the Audi Q7 - it was abit small in the boot for us (as we had 3 adults & 2 kids and were doing a lot of travelling) we asked if we could take anything out the row and he said yes and we ended up taking a Ford Expedition which was huge, had Sat Nav, Apple Car play etc and was surprisingly good on Fuel. There were no Navigators or Tahoe when we picked up but they offered to let us wait but we couldn't be bothered - there was I think one Navigator on return and a few Tahoes so you may be OK on collection, we were just unlucky there was nothing in really except loads of Expeditions!
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

Thanks for the response.
I went ahead and booked it as worst case you get a nice car. Quick question though is it ok to do the 'skip the counter' go straight to the garage and upgrade/downgrade from there or do you have to go to the counter?
Also as it happens when I booked the car though Alamo Brits I had a few minutes early checked the price though topcashback. An hour or so after booking I had a topcashback message saying my cashback was being tracked ! Probably not going to get it just wondered if anyone else has had this or if you're about to book a car it might be worth a try.
Cheers

Edited at 03:28 PM.
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
strog25
Dancing with Tink'

hi it oes say Premium SUV on the Alamo Brits site, but when the booking comes from Alamo it will say Premium Elite SUV, well mine did.

I spoke to Alamo in the US and he couldn't tell me.

this is a list from a different post on here after they contacted Alamo

Cadillac SRX
Lincoln MKX
BMW X3
Infiniti FX37/QX70
Volkswagen Touareg
Mercedes Benz GLK
Volvo XC60

I have notice that the full ize SuV has come down in price now and is now basically the same price a the premium elite SUV.

I dont know what to do.
strog25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
arty688
Helping Mickey

That list of cars seems ok hopefully get a bigger one but not the end of the world. Full size SUV still double the price for me though

Edited at 08:35 AM.
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
OLS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arty688 View Post
Thanks for the response.
I went ahead and booked it as worst case you get a nice car. Quick question though is it ok to do the 'skip the counter' go straight to the garage and upgrade/downgrade from there or do you have to go to the counter?
Also as it happens when I booked the car though Alamo Brits I had a few minutes early checked the price though topcashback. An hour or so after booking I had a topcashback message saying my cashback was being tracked ! Probably not going to get it just wondered if anyone else has had this or if you're about to book a car it might be worth a try.
Cheers
Yep I did skip the counter etc and went straight to the garage, when you walk through the doors to the garage there are 2 staff stood there, just hand your sheet to one of them, in my case he called over the manager who explained about them not having an X3 and about taking the Q7, he told us to look at it and see if we liked it and come back to him. We went back and said it's a bit small for luggage space and were we ok to take anything else in that row, he said "Absoloutley, just take what you want, there will be no charge" and that was that - we wandered up and down and no Navigators or Tahoes so we asked, he said we could wait for one but we couldn't be bothered so we found one of the others we wanted hopped in and drove off. Job done. You won't "upgrade" from that class of car really so whatever you take will most likley be classed as a "downgrade" so you won't have anything extra to pay! The only difference in charge is if you pre-pay fuel, when you exit there will be a different price on the pre-pay fuel bit of the print out (ask for it, ours didn't offer the print out!) based on the actual car you take

Originally Posted by strog25 View Post
hi it oes say Premium SUV on the Alamo Brits site, but when the booking comes from Alamo it will say Premium Elite SUV, well mine did.

I spoke to Alamo in the US and he couldn't tell me.

this is a list from a different post on here after they contacted Alamo

Cadillac SRX
Lincoln MKX
BMW X3
Infiniti FX37/QX70
Volkswagen Touareg
Mercedes Benz GLK
Volvo XC60

I have notice that the full ize SuV has come down in price now and is now basically the same price a the premium elite SUV.

I dont know what to do.
Just stick to the Premium Elite if that is what you have booked, once you get there you can "downgrade" to a Full Size SUV anyway for no charge if thats what you want to do, you may well get the Audi Q7 though at no extra charge or you can downgrade to the Lincoln Navigator or Chevvy Tahoe if they are available but you will 100% beable to take a Full Size Suv and not be charged a cent more

Edited at 11:47 AM.
OLS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List