Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 19 Jun 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 4
OKW 1 bed 2019 - does anyone have an opinion on the risk?

Hi Dibbers -

We love staying in the 1 beds at OKW (because it suits our family) and Disney 2019 availability is looking questionable so my question to you guys is opinion based really...

If we want to go next year, do you think we have to book as soon as 330 days is there and not wait a moment longer in case availability just goes? Or is there a chance that more rooms will become available if we aren't able to book immediately?

I keep seeing people saying that rooms run out of availability and I'm not sure we can financially commit in Sept...

Thanks all,
Karen.x

Edited at 07:39 PM.
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Anyone?
knads2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
TBH not sure, Sept used to be fairly quiet & now whilst not at summer levels it's getting busier. The problem you have is, that the only way anymore rooms become available is if Owners "feed" them back into the system & is also the reason for the 330- DVC owners can book their Home resort 11 months from check-in.
You could of course just pay the £50 deposit, this secures the booking & dining, then add people later.
The other thing to consider is whether the likes of OKW & SSR will be discounted, as they have been in the past, but US economy is strong at the moment, so more "natives" booking.
Sd
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Hi Dibbers -

We love staying in the 1 beds at OKW (because it suits our family) and Disney 2019 availability is looking questionable so my question to you guys is opinion based really...

If we want to go next year, do you think we have to book as soon as 330 days is there and not wait a moment longer in case availability just goes? Or is there a chance that more rooms will become available if we aren't able to book immediately?

I keep seeing people saying that rooms run out of availability and I'm not sure we can financially commit in Sept...

Thanks all,
Karen.x
Hi, as you’ve noticed availability for 1 & 2 bed villas at OKW and SSR for the 2019 Free Dining offer is very thin on the ground and it’s scuppered our plans for next year too! Many people (including us and our extended family) have booked alternative accommodation/resorts rather than have the uncertainty of waiting until 330 days out to see if there is any availability. We’ve actually decided to stay put, even if the villas do become available, but I suspect a lot of other families will be ready to change their booking the minute any inventory appears, so if you’re going during the school summer holidays you could have a lot of competition. That said, if you did end up waiting to book until nearer the end of the Free Dining offer, you could be lucky and find more inventory has been released. It’s a gamble unfortunately
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
knads2012
Apprentice Imagineer

knads2012's Reviews
Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
TBH not sure, Sept used to be fairly quiet & now whilst not at summer levels it's getting busier. The problem you have is, that the only way anymore rooms become available is if Owners "feed" them back into the system & is also the reason for the 330- DVC owners can book their Home resort 11 months from check-in.
You could of course just pay the £50 deposit, this secures the booking & dining, then add people later.
The other thing to consider is whether the likes of OKW & SSR will be discounted, as they have been in the past, but US economy is strong at the moment, so more "natives" booking.
Sd
Originally Posted by D15ney72 View Post
Hi, as you’ve noticed availability for 1 & 2 bed villas at OKW and SSR for the 2019 Free Dining offer is very thin on the ground and it’s scuppered our plans for next year too! Many people (including us and our extended family) have booked alternative accommodation/resorts rather than have the uncertainty of waiting until 330 days out to see if there is any availability. We’ve actually decided to stay put, even if the villas do become available, but I suspect a lot of other families will be ready to change their booking the minute any inventory appears, so if you’re going during the school summer holidays you could have a lot of competition. That said, if you did end up waiting to book until nearer the end of the Free Dining offer, you could be lucky and find more inventory has been released. It’s a gamble unfortunately
Thanks for posting both -

I feel a bit dubious about booking an alternative as there aren't really any other resorts that work really for us right now (I realise this makes me sound picky - I don't mean to though)

This is what I thought though D15ney - and that is really why I was looking for opinions. I think I need to start accepting that we won't be going next year...

Karen.x
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

It looks like Disney are keeping most of the 1 & 2 bed villas for the Americans, as you can back book them on the US site, but for the same dates they are not available on the UK site. I don't have a problem if this is the case, just wish Disney would be upfront and tell us that there will be no (or very limited ) availability for us in the UK. It would save me checking the site multiple times a week.

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
D15ney72
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by knads2012 View Post
Thanks for posting both -

I feel a bit dubious about booking an alternative as there aren't really any other resorts that work really for us right now (I realise this makes me sound picky - I don't mean to though)

This is what I thought though D15ney - and that is really why I was looking for opinions. I think I need to start accepting that we won't be going next year...

Karen.x
That’s the problem isn’t it, OKW is really in a category all on its own with regard to space and affordability - there’s not really a like for like alternative. Fingers crossed some 1 bed villas do become available when you’re ready to book, or you find a Plan B that you’re happy with 🍀🍀
D15ney72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
stargazer69
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by D15ney72 View Post
That’s the problem isn’t it, OKW is really in a category all on its own with regard to space and affordability - there’s not really a like for like alternative. Fingers crossed some 1 bed villas do become available when you’re ready to book, or you find a Plan B that you’re happy with 🍀🍀
We've ended up booking 4 rooms in pofq as our plan b and are hoping that there is a release of 2 bedroom villas and studios in okw for our stay next August (need 1 of each).

POR 2022
OKW 2019, SSR 2017, OKW 2015, OKW 2013
stargazer69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List