Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Hal

The mis selling of PPI isn’t just about whether you didn’t realise that you had PPI.

It’s also about knowingly accepting PPI, but this amounting to a mis selling.

For instance being forced into accepting PPI as part of a loan or where the protection given by the PPI just wasn’t needed eg if you had a job with sickness and redundancy protection.

There is also the newer case law of Plevin, where the proportion of money kept by the company was beyond reasonable.

All this is spoken about in more detail on MSE.

People may not have a clear memory of a loan they took out several years ago. They may not have a memory of whether they had PPI.

That doesn’t mean that they should lose out on fair compensation.

It’s not a racket. It’s a reasonable thing to enquire about and claim for.
This ^^. Back in the 1980’s my older sister & her husband took out a mortgage & were forced to take PPI. Now, my mother worked in the insurance industry at the time, and looked at their policy which specifically excluded you if you were self-employed (and my brother in-law was self-employed). However the bank they were with (can’t remember who it was), basically said take PPI anyway or we won’t give you a mortgage. The 1980’s were a different time for mortgages for the average person, and because BIL worked in manual work, his earnings varied depending on how many contracts were sub-contracted to him, so they struggled to get a mortgage anyway. Over the years, my sister and BIL continued to argue their case (keeping all the paperwork and responses). When the PPI scandal 1st broke, they immediately lodged a claim, and due to the length of time they’d paid these premiums (which I’ve been told were v expensive), they got compensated on top of the refund of premiums. Altogether they were awarded £28,000. Deservedly so as well.

Edited at 09:20 PM.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
Barclays told me that they found three Egg accounts for me but no details. Suggested that I put in a complaint, which I did. Then I had a letter from someone asking for details, account numbers etc. I don’t have these now as it was a quite a while ago. 😩
Don't worry just send the form back and fill in what you can. This is what I did and they found something for me.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Weirdly HSBC sent me a letter today to say I had PPI on a flexi loan and credit card in the early 2000s but they previosuly investigated it in December 2013

I rang up and they said I enquired and they paid out back then, I said I’ve never even enquired before and certainly not been paid out and they backtracked and said maybe I didn’t provide any documents so they didn’t pay it. All my banking is with them and there’s not a penny from them on my statements.

I’ve just said I have never enquired before but seeing as you’ve sent me confirmation I had PPI and you thought you had paid it then it’s admitting to it being missold and can it be looked into it.

If it was paid I want full details of where any cheque was sent to as it certainly wasn’t to me!

Surely claiming PPI for others by deception isn’t a con is it? Slightly concerning
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tco200
Imagineer

Mobile

Got a cheque today for £188, it was for a Burtons store card that I was sold in store with PPI.

Didn’t expect it so a nice little bonus - I only ever bought one coat with the store card as well!
Tco200 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m a bit fed up with Barclays. I had a couple of goes online and kept getting errors so had to print and fill a form in. I’ve just back from holiday and they say that they have no record of my egg card even though they are the ones that told me I had paid ppi.

I had to make quite a long call and it turns out the letters aren’t to do with my complaint. I can only assume its the unsuccessful attempts. So I have to wait another month to find out.

I’ve not even heard from HSBC yet which was where the majority of my complaints went in.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by DisneyBride08 View Post
Don't worry just send the form back and fill in what you can. This is what I did and they found something for me.
I found a card number so I tried again. Got the same rubbishy letter back. They aren’t even trying.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 18, 05:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Jan View Post
I found a card number so I tried again. Got the same rubbishy letter back. They aren’t even trying.
Maybe you didn’t have any? I do not think everyone has a case. I looked into it recently and have paperwork ready to go back but I am not really expecting anything to be found.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List