Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 20 Jun 18, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Cool Lucy & Toms Pregnant trip Detroit / Orlando Oct 17 - Day 12 brewery tour, more shopping and longhorn

Evening all, thanks for reading and especially if you’ve come back after the slower day yesterday. As always our index is here

Today was a day I was looking forward to and a trip to cigar city brewery in Tampa for a tour.

We were up and out by 9:30 to give us plenty of time to get to Tampa. As it was a nice morning I dropped the roof on the mustang Lucy was worried about her goat getting messed up so went full Velma and Louise and used her new scarf.
pleas note this was taken waiting at a red light not in the middle of the I4

We arrived about 20min before our 11 o’clock tour so hung about outside looking like a couple of drunks waiting for the pub to open.

The tour started in there little event tap room where we picked up our sample glasses and tasted our first beer. I had the added bonus of Lucy being pregnant so had double samples!
I didn’t note what order we had samples in but over the tour we had
Jar Ali (ipa)
Coffee porter
Tampa larger (larger if you couldn’t guess
Maduro (brown ale)

I don’t go into loads of detail but it was a good tour telling us how beer is made, look at the various bits of Brewing equipment and canning plant. With samples at different stages along the way. It was a good way to spend an hour.

After the tour in the same way all good attractions end we entered the gift shop and tap room!

We had another round of drinks, water for lucy and a beer flight for me!

Then a look at the tshirts etc in the shop, I picked up the koozie, some stickers and a shirt.

After we left we popped into a near by target and finally found this bloody tshirt we’d been looking for. My little brother better be happy! Although I still havnt seen him wear it! And can’t believe that after all this time talking about it I didn’t get a photo fail.

Lucy was now going to drive up the I4 to Tampa premium outlets something she wasn’t really looking forward to.
The road was pretty busy so I was being cursed all the way!

We made it without any drama and headed straight to the food court for lunch.

I grabbed a cheese steak sub while lucy had a Chinese thing.

We did a tour round the shops this outlet was much nicer than Orlando ones as it was pretty quiet.
I grabbed a couple of jumpers from Oakley and lucky brand.
But the big winner of this trip was lucy and motherhood. Lucy picked up loads of different things from maternity shop. She said it was really nice to get a big range of stuff. We left fully loaded with serval bags after I swear lucy had tried on everything in the store!

After that it was time to head back along the I4 towards Epcot as we’d got a frozen ever after FP

The traffic was a nightmare and it took over an hour longer than I expected. We parked and headed straight to Norway we were 5min late for the FP but they let us in.

The original plan was to spend a little more time in Epcot but we fancied something more for dinner than grazing the food and wine stands and as we were so late getting here we decided that we head straight back out and towards longhorn on the 192. Guess that’s the beauty of having an ap can just call in for a bit.

It wasn’t a massive wait but decided we’d wait outside but did have the can you help me my car had broken down fan belt scam while waiting. I bet it has “jog on”

Lucy had the house salad while I had the blue cheese, We both had steak (sorry again my notes fail me as I didn’t note what types) I had mine with corn while Lucy had chips
Both steaks were as always ace! I’ve never been able to fault longhorns and it’s always on our list of must visit!

After these we headed back, while lucy checked out her new wardrobe I watched a bit of telly with a beer before bed.

Tomorrow’s report Will reveal some exciting news.

Thanks

Disneyland 05, 15 / NYC,11,16 / Vegas 07,15
Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The brunch beer tour looks really interesting. It’s always nice to do different things outside the theme parks. I think that Lucy deserved to have a ‘win’ at the outlets, especially seeing as she was the designated driver! Longhorns is awesome and we can’t visit Florida without at least one trip. Both your steaks look amazing 😁
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

I like the sound of not so busy shops, the Orlando outlets always seem packed... car parks especially!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
The brunch beer tour looks really interesting. It’s always nice to do different things outside the theme parks. I think that Lucy deserved to have a ‘win’ at the outlets, especially seeing as she was the designated driver! Longhorns is awesome and we can’t visit Florida without at least one trip. Both your steaks look amazing 😁
Yeah cigar city was really cool. I’d fully recommend it.

Yes did deserve the win, she isn’t a fan of driving over there at the best of times so a really busy highway wasn’t fun.

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I like the sound of not so busy shops, the Orlando outlets always seem packed... car parks especially!
Tampa outlet is now on our list it was much quieter, and I can’t see anything on there website about paying for parking (but could be wrong)

Gwilspeed is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your dinner looks so good, the corn looks so fresh, I bet it was delicious.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Gwilspeed
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Your dinner looks so good, the corn looks so fresh, I bet it was delicious.
Yeah it was, it was nice the have some veg for a change.