Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 7 Apr 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Day 15. West Coast again ;-) Disneyland

Up at 6,30am got showered and ready then got everyone else up, Had breakfast in the hotel which was really nice and got ready to go to Disneyland.

We should have done Disneyland a few days beforehand whilst in Anaheim but it was supposed to rain so we changed plans.. Bit of a pain as we were now in Fontana but never mind.

First stop was just up the road to the hotel where our friend Eloy was staying we wanted to drop off some beer etc we had left. As luck would have it he hadn't get set off for the track so we had a few minutes with him and said goodbye as he was driving back to North Carolina the next day (37 hrs driving).. Exiting the hotels Barry spots Clint Bowyer who's one of the top NASCAR drivers... he looked busy on the phone but he beckoned us over for a picture. He was actually facetiming his little boy Cash and told me to say hi :-)

Then we set off for Disney, traffic wasn't too bad and we arrived at the parking lot around 10am.. My god they were so slow here getting everyone into the multi-storey.. $20 later and we were parked up in Mickey 3.
Waited about 10 min for a tram which took us on the short journey to DTD.

Quick bag check and into Disneyland :-)

As expected it was busy today but not unbearable, We did several rides and met plenty of characters.

Kids were hungry so we ate in the Red Rose Tavern which Chloe loved , wasn't a bad meal really $52. Chloe really wanted one of the light up rose tumblers but they only have so many for sale each day. Slightly annoying that park shoppers have been buying so many and selling for inflated prices though..

I wanted to get some Pandora and there was a offer on spend $125 and get a free bracelet so we went to the shop in Orleans Square, but they don't do the offer.. Well that's ok I'll buy elsewhere :-)

Chloe really wanted to ride Its a Small World, queue was about 20 mins so we joined it.. As we got near the front the ride broke. Lucky escape there then.. Imagine being stuck on that ride

I then saw something I've never seen before, We queued for the Autopia ride and saw a little boy of probably 9/10 waiting to ride... and the dog a beautiful big Lab was allowed to ride with him .. We thought it so nice the dog was allowed on the ride .

In some ways it was a good thing we came to Disneyland today as there was a afternoon parade, 2 showings of the Main Street Electrical Parade and fireworks where as earlier in the week there was no fireworks or afternoon parade.

Popped into Starbucks Chloe bought a mug $19.99 ($12.99 anywhere else) and I bought a plastic tumbler.. Connor tried to be clever and ordered Barry's coffee using the name Dick ... cue much sniggering from him !

Today was going so fast and it was already dark.. Decided to pop out to the Pandora store at DTD as they were doing the free bracelet offer. I bought a Ltd edition charm, Chloe got Eeoyre which took us over $125. You could either have a free bracelet upto $65 in value or use that $65 towards a more expensive bracelet... I knew Chloe wanted the new Beauty & The Beast Bangle which was $95 so I let her put the $65 towards it.

Unusually for me I didn't buy too much Pandora this trip with the exchange rate its just not worth it..

We went back in the park and it was 7.45 , Everyone on the parade route was heaving to the point they were stopping people from waiting for it. Everyone was herded into Tomorrowland to disperse .. Except some CM's were saying one thing and others another.. it was chaos and far too busy. I'm glad I didn't have small kids with us. Kids got some Churro's and we walked back around by the castle to find somewhere to watch the fireworks which were due to start at 9.30pm. About 9.20pm it came over the tannoy they weren't sure Wishes would go ahead it would be a last minute decision.

We headed into a roped off area and waited, Thankfully the fireworks did happen. Didn't have the best of views tbh, We could see the castle until someone in front put a child on their shoulders..

Fireworks were lovely though, Chloe really enjoyed them.

Park really emptied out once the fireworks finished, So we decided to head to the top of Main Street and watch the 10.30pm Electrical Parade from there, as it starts that end for the 2nd show. By the time it started the park was really quite empty so we got a fab view.

Once the parade finished we made a quick exit over to the tram stop.

Waited about 15 mins for the tram.. But why can't people do as they are told and not push/shove and generally be a pain .. if they say don't step over the yellow line don't do it !
(actually that was a common theme in Disney people doing as they like, in Cars land previously so many kids were going under ropes touching props ignoring CM's)

Back in the car 11pm and headed back to Fontana arriving at the hotel at 12.15am

We had a fab but very busy day

Steps walked 19012 / 9.68km

Edited at 08:36 PM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Old 7 Apr 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nickyjw
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like you had another great day. I'd of laughed at Connor ordering his dad's drink! Childish but funny!
nickyjw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Looks like you had another great day. I'd of laughed at Connor ordering his dad's drink! Childish but funny!
We had a lovely day, It is my favourite of all the Disney parks.

Still a bit old fashioned I think with the old FP, Mickey & Minnie's house etc seems to have a unique charm to it.

It was very funny, specially when the girl called out Dick
Old 8 Apr 17, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

The link worked for me this way,just not from the index. Great day,just love Disneyland California.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 17, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Long day - but very good one.

Yes link to this day on index is not working.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
florida girl
Imagineer

florida girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A good day at Disneyland, we liked the theming when we were there got an old fashioned theme ,for us we were just disappointed it was so busy .
florida girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I so want to go to the Red Rose Tavern. A brilliant Disney day.
Old 13 Apr 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
A good day at Disneyland, we liked the theming when we were there got an old fashioned
theme ,for us we were just disappointed it was so busy .
Think it's the same for all parks now . Too many people .
It definitely felt far too busy at night I'm surprised people don't get hurt waiting for parades or leaving the park

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
I so want to go to the Red Rose Tavern. A brilliant Disney day.
I read the other day it's only the red rose for a limited time , I hope it's still there when you go . In general I'm not a lover of park food but this was very good and good value