Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 30 Aug 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kateh134 View Post
Stunning scenery! The aerial tramway is great so an excellent reason for a return trip.
I am so sad we missed out on the tramway, we will definitely be going back in the future so we can tick this off the list!

Originally Posted by clochette View Post
I can't believe how blue the sky looks - beautiful! Another busy day. I don't know where you get your energy from, particularly in that heat!
Haha I never realise just how busy our days are until I write it all down, I surprise myself at times!

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Great day. Brings back memories of our recent trip to Joshua Tree. The large Coke must be humungous!
We absolutely loved Joshua Tree, such an amazing experience!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
We are off to JT at Christmas (well once I have booked the hotel ) - so thanks for all the great pictures - making it all so real!
Oh you are going to absolutely love Joshua Tree… definitely get ready to take lots of photos!

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Sounds like a hot day! Love those beds by the pool at the hard rock not sure I'd fancy camping at Joshua tree with snakes 🐍
The new hotel sounds fab - can't beat complimentary snacks!
The Andaz was amazing, especially with the free snacks! (although it was by far the most expensive hotel we stayed in the whole trip so I guess it all evens out in that sense!)

Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
Oh wow... Joshua Tree! It looks so amazing. Thanks for sharing your pictures. Very nice of the man to give you a driving route around - any tips on the best way to go? I haven't had time to research it at all yet.

LA hotel looks amazing. Rooftop pool, very fancy! I hope you make good use of it on the next day.

Looking forward to the next instalment!
We did very little research ahead of arriving at Joshua Tree, I definitely recommend stopping by the visitors centre first and speaking to one of the guys there, they are super friendly! We told them we only had half a day or so to explore the park and he plotted us a route based on that… so useful as I am sure without that we would have just been driving around aimlessly and would have missed most of the key sights!

Rooftop pool fun coming in the next instalment!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
Some absolutely gorgeous views/photos. I hadn't really thought about the Joshua Tree National Park, however, I'm now thinking I might see if I can fit it in somewhere along the way. Brilliant perks at your West Hollywood hotel too.
If you can fit it into your itinerary I definitely recommend a drive the Joshua Tree… you certainly won’t be disappointed! So beautiful and such a privilege to see first-hand!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Lovely day again!

Gutted about the free wine, I felt like that in Vegas with the free cocktail offerings while we played the slots! So unfair!

You have so made me want a McDs for dinner tonight! Haha, it would be a chocolate milkshake for me though!

Palm Springs looks lovely, its on my bucket list!
Haha you should totally treat yourself to a McDonalds for dinner tonight… pregnancy rights dictate you can eat what you want at this stage!

Palm Springs was so pretty, we are definitely going to go back at some point to explore more, one regret of the trip is not having more time there.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Palm Springs looks so cute - it's definitely on my list for the future!

And those photos from Joshua Tree are amazing. What a stunning place!

Anywhere that gives free wine and snacks is amazing. Making a mental note to stay at the Andaz in future but ouch to that parking cost!
The Andaz is definitely up there as one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in, the service was just amazing… I felt super posh staying somewhere so fancy! Although the less said about those crazy parking fees the better!

Edited at 02:18 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Another great day and lovely hotel. Brilliant photos of that scenery!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Another great day and lovely hotel. Brilliant photos of that scenery!
Such a great hotel, and such a relief as we only ended up at the Andaz after the original one we booked wasn't going to be open on time... definitely worked out for the best!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 17, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Those blue skies! Amazing. So beautiful. 42c is hot hot hot though - glad you managed to score the chilly towel - result!

Joshua Tree park looks amazing. So desolate but stunning. Glad you didn't see any 🐍🐍🐍

So for the price of the valet parking at your hotel, I'd be making certain one of us drank $45 worth of the free wine each night. Genuinely gutted for you when I read that. Paul looks like he's making the most of it though!
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Fabulous day! gorgeous photos of Joshua Tree and Palm Springs, it's time I went back I think!
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Palm Springs looks lovely, don't know what I imagined but not how it looks in your photos .

Joshua Tree National Park looks stunning, what a place to visit!

Once baby comes, I reckon Paul owes you some wine xx
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Those blue skies! Amazing. So beautiful. 42c is hot hot hot though - glad you managed to score the chilly towel - result!

Joshua Tree park looks amazing. So desolate but stunning. Glad you didn't see any 🐍🐍🐍

So for the price of the valet parking at your hotel, I'd be making certain one of us drank $45 worth of the free wine each night. Genuinely gutted for you when I read that. Paul looks like he's making the most of it though!
That chill towel was literally a lifesaver! Best holiday purchase for sure!

If I could have I totally think I could have downed $45 worth of wine in an hour... that's my kind of challenge! Next time for sure!

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Fabulous day! gorgeous photos of Joshua Tree and Palm Springs, it's time I went back I think!
I am so desperate to go back already, re-living it all makes me realise just what an amazing trip it was!

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
Palm Springs looks lovely, don't know what I imagined but not how it looks in your photos .

Joshua Tree National Park looks stunning, what a place to visit!

Once baby comes, I reckon Paul owes you some wine xx
Palm Springs was so different from what I was expecting, much more quaint and cute that's for sure!

Oh I am totally owed some wine... I was thinking I may take a little bottle of prosecco in my hospital bag... that's totally acceptable right?!
Old 8 Sep 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Whoa 37 degrees first thing! Ooocha! Love how excited you got over that towel hehe!

Joshua Tree Park looks stunning, but SO dry looking! I wonder if they ever get rain?

You guys sure got through the miles! Lovely photos from the road though!

Ahhh how gutting that there was free wine when you couldn't have any! Boo!

Great read as always xxx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Whoa 37 degrees first thing! Ooocha! Love how excited you got over that towel hehe!

Joshua Tree Park looks stunning, but SO dry looking! I wonder if they ever get rain?

You guys sure got through the miles! Lovely photos from the road though!

Ahhh how gutting that there was free wine when you couldn't have any! Boo!

Great read as always xxx
I still talk about that towel with so much enthusiasm... life changer!

Joshua Tree was just stunning, and yes so dry! The views were spectacular, so happy we managed to fit it into our itinerary!

Bah to missing out on free wine... I shall make up for it on the other side I promise! xxx
Old 29 Sep 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post

If you think $44 for valet parking is extortionate try San Francisco or Seattle - it's $55.
Shame you couldn't do the aerial tramway the views are magnificent and you go from 40C at the bottom to 18C at the top of the mountain. You are, after all, 8500 feet higher than the desert floor!

Edited at 08:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List