Old 19 Sep 17, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MariaLynda View Post
hahaha you say that now! just kidding I believe you only had the one lot of fish and chips. Great start
Thanks!

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
great start and thanks for posting, subscribing. The fish looked nice, very flat so maybe a flatfish lol
Thanks!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh the French toast at IHOP looks fab. Shame the mint ice cream wasn't up to much, I love a mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Looking forward to this as usual
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 2

We started the day with breakfast at Denny's. Back in our pre-onsite days Denny's was a favourite of ours so I was keen to try again.

Our server appeared quickly and asked if we knew what we wanted before we even looked at the menu. We ordered drinks then when she brought them back asked again if we were ready to order. If anyone has seen the Denny's breakfast menu it's quite extensive. After the third time of asking I told her it'd been a while since we'd been so she understood that we hadn't memorised the menu! After that she took an age to come back to us!
Anyway, Marie ordered the Sticky Bun Pancake breakfast which came with "cinnamon bun" style pancakes, egg and bacon. She was asked if she wanted banana and said yes.

I ordered the Grand Slam Slugger which was 2 eggs, bacon (or sausage), 2 pancakes and toast (or hash browns).

I didn't enjoy this as much as French toast at iHOP but it was ok. Marie really enjoyed hers.
Our server asked if we wanted more coffee then disappeared for ages. To be fair I think the coffee was brewing.
This came to $24 and the bananas had been extra! I ended up leaving a $5 against my better judgement as I had no change.

Lunch was Margaritaville at Citywalk. Marie was desperate for nachos but also wanted a Cheeseburger in Paradise. I was getting the cheeseburger and we swithered over just getting the nachos to share as a starter too since Marie was so keen but if anyone has seen them they'll know that these nachos are enormous! Marie decided not to bother so we left it.

I had a strawberry lemonade to drink which was really nice.

Cheeseburger in Paradise

This was nice but not as nice as I'd remembered. I don't think there was a lot of sauce so maybe that was it.
This cost us around $45 and we left the 20% tip. Again we charged this to our room.

We got a Butterbeer later in IoA. The park was heaving and the queue was big but we were gasping. Sorry it's half drunk but I didn't get a chance to take a photo until we got a seat in Jurassic Park.

For dinner we were fairly shattered so got room service. We had done this last year and Marie was determined we were getting it again at some point on this trip! It seems it's the kitchen at Jakes Bar they use and we ended up getting the same as arrival night. We shared a bit though as Marie wanted to try the fish and I really liked the mac & cheese.
You get bread rolls with room service and a glass of iced water. They wheel it in on a table that fits between both beds. There are no tables in a standard room at RPR so this makes it much easier to eat.

This was nice and didn't cost much more than we'd paid in the restaurant, $54. There's a service charge included but we gave the person who brought it $5. We hadn't last year and I still feel guilty!

Trip Report Index

Edited at 08:55 PM.
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh the French toast at IHOP looks fab. Shame the mint ice cream wasn't up to much, I love a mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Looking forward to the next update.
Thanks, the French toast was fab!

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Looking forward to this as usual
Thanks!

Trip Report Index
Old 19 Sep 17, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Loving it so far.keep em coming 😀😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Enjoying the report looking forward to the rest 😁
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving it so far

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
We don't have enough credits! 16 nights Universal and Disney (DDP) September 2017 - Day 3

We had decided to go to the Florida Mall for Labour Day sales (not that there was much!) so went to the iHOP near Sand Lake road on the way for breakfast. I didn't like the atmosphere here as much as the other one and it was bigger and busier. There was a group of British (Scottish) people a few tables away and one of them was really loud all the time we were eating.

I ordered the French Toast Combo again.

They had a juice drink I'd noticed the other day that looked nice called Paradise juice or something similar so I ordered that and coffee. This was nice but very sweet.

Marie got the Waffle Combo which came with eggs and she got bacon over sausage.

This was a bit more expensive today at $29 and we left $35.

We went to US later but decided against re-activating our Coke Freestyle mugs. Another error in judgement as a drink was nearly $4 and we needed to buy another with lunch . I had a packet of Lays with the drink as I was hungry but Marie wasn't. After doing just one ride Marie decided she was hungry after all. We were close to Louie's so popped in there and got a pizza combo each. I got pepperoni as Marie took the last cheese! This came with a Caesar salad and breadstick.

The pizza was fine but the salad soggy and the breadstick stale. Why do I never learn about Universal QS? This cost $27.25.

Mid-afternoon we wanted a Butterbeer ice cream plus Butterbeer. You can get this at the Hopping Pot at Diagon Alley but it was heaving so we got the Hogwarts Express and went to the Three Broomsticks. Which was even busier. Another epic fail! Despite being 2.45pm everyone seemed to be having late lunches or early dinners! Anyway we eventually got our ice cream and Butterbeer and were able to sit inside and have it so that was a bonus. This cost us $24.

Dinner was the Toothsome Chocolate Emporium. We'd never managed this last year and seen on a few dining reports that it was really good so wanted to give it a try.

I thought these were cool!

We were seated upstairs after only a few minutes wait next to the screen that shows the "factory". To drink I ordered a pink lemonade and Marie got a diet coke and chocolate beer.

Marie ordered the Croque Monsieur. Unbelievably she said this was too cheesy! I didn't think anything could be too cheesy for Marie!

I ordered the meatloaf which I enjoyed but it wasn't as nice as the one Wolfgang Pucks Express do. This came with onion strings and mashed potato.

We ordered chocolate almond bread but it didn't arrive and since we already had our mains we didn't say anything until we saw it on the bill. It was quickly taken off after an offer to give us it to go which we declined. We thought this was reasonably priced and paid $41 which we charged to the room again.
We didn't go for dessert as nothing took our fancy. The milkshakes look far too sickly for me. I did get a Smores Truffle Cake from the shop downstairs which cost $9.99 . I decided I was on holiday though!

This was such an unbelievable waste of money. It was absolutely all about the presentation. The mallow top was, I'm not sure how to describe but not great and the cake part was just rubbish. I cannot overstate how overpriced this was. What a huge disappointment and a rubbish way to end the day.

Trip Report Index

Edited at 11:37 AM.
Old 19 Sep 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Loving it so far.keep em coming 😀😀
Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Enjoying the report looking forward to the rest 😁
Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Loving it so far
Thanks all! I'm going to try for one more day before turning in!

Trip Report Index