Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 28 Sep 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

I am SO sad this is over. Have loved living it with you both whilst you were there and then in detail via the TR. Its been a brilliant read.

Moana made me cry too and I had none of your excuses!

I wonder what the frappucino total was...

And bah to poxy cheesecake xxx
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Long Beach looks very pretty. I love all the little coloured buildings.

Great trip report, i've loved reading along. Good Luck with the baby
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Seeley View Post
Have really enjoyed your trip report what an absolutely fab time you had. Shame you didn't have time to explore the Queen Mary or the Spruce Goose next door!
time is getting near for your baby so just want to wish you all the best
Thanks for sharing your adventure
Ooo I just had to google the Spruce Goose... yet another reason for a return visit!

Thank you so much for reading along, so glad you enjoyed it!

Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Aw I’m sad your report is over! Thank you for taking the time to right such a brilliant report.
I wasn’t fussed by Moana on first watch but tried it again on the plane coming home in May and loved it!
You and your bump look fabulous. I’m looking forward to baby update!
Thank you so much for reading and for all your lovely comments throughout!

Baby update to come soon (well hopefully not too soon... I haven't washed any of the baby clothes yet! )

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A fantastic trip, thanks for sharing. You packed some amazing things in.
Good luck with baby
Thank you so much for reading and for all the lovely comments, glad you enjoyed!

Originally Posted by phoenix_c View Post
I've spent the past few hours reading all of your trip report and wow! Sounded like a dream holiday! Loved all the pictures of bubba gulp restaurants, we've never been! And congrats on the bump, loved all the souvenirs you bought for the baby and I also loved all the photopass photos from Disney! We went there in 2016 for three years and it was not nearly enough time and for some reason we didn't do any photopass! I hope we get to go again and make the most of them, the ones by grizzly river run look adorable
Oh you definitely need to try Bubba Gump at some point, as you can tell we love it! (The one in London is really good too if you wanted a fix a little closer to home!)

Three days definitely wasn't long enough for Disney... I could easily have spent a week there and still not been ready to leave!

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
I am SO sad this is over. Have loved living it with you both whilst you were there and then in detail via the TR. Its been a brilliant read.

Moana made me cry too and I had none of your excuses!

I wonder what the frappucino total was...

And bah to poxy cheesecake xxx
I think if you don't have a little tear at Moana then you may just be made of stone, no shame in having a little weep!

Yikes I don't think I want to know the final frappachino count... the obsession has possibly got even worse since being home, if this baby comes out smelling of caramel don't be surprised!

Cheesecake. Don't even get me started. For the record if I ever get married we will not be serving cheesecake so no fear there (more likely mint Vienetta and artic roll )

Thanks so much for seeing this report through and for all the lovely comments, especially when so crazy busy at work. You are a legend as always xxx

Originally Posted by Disney Wishing View Post
Long Beach looks very pretty. I love all the little coloured buildings.

Great trip report, i've loved reading along. Good Luck with the baby
Long Beach was definitly one of the prettiest places we visited, I completely fell in love it!

Thank you for reading along, so happy you enjoyed it!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
suziwong_96
Serious Dibber

Awwww @ your cute bump! Amazing! Really enjoyed reading along, have a fab time in DLP when it comes x
suziwong_96 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lovesholidays
Imagineer

Lovesholidays's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have really enjoyed all your TR, looks and read like you both had a fab time. Many thanks for sharing with us all, you have gave us some great ideas for next years trip 😉
Good luck for the coming weeks, I will be looking out for the news on your new arrival
Lovesholidays is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Oh, I'm gutted this one is over, what an incredible trip! I just wish ours had been so magical (without the MIL putting a dampener on it).

Love the look of Long Beach, beach.. stunning! Glad you enjoyed Yard House too, I would hate it if I recommended somewhere & then someone had a bad meal!

Aaron always gets a recliner early into the flight, he's cursed. Love the 'loud bitch' though, obvs did the trick!

Anyway, good luck with the pregnancy. Mine is still dragging with no sign of baby, if yours shows early you might beat me to it I'm booked in for an induction on the 8th October so at least we know we haven't got too long to wait!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suziwong_96 View Post
Awwww @ your cute bump! Amazing! Really enjoyed reading along, have a fab time in DLP when it comes x
Thank you so much for reading along, great to know you have enjoyed it! The countdown for DLP will be starting very soon

Originally Posted by Lovesholidays View Post
Have really enjoyed all your TR, looks and read like you both had a fab time. Many thanks for sharing with us all, you have gave us some great ideas for next years trip 😉
Good luck for the coming weeks, I will be looking out for the news on your new arrival
So great to hear this has given you some inspiration for you trip, happy planning! I am ready to do it all over again already!

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Oh, I'm gutted this one is over, what an incredible trip! I just wish ours had been so magical (without the MIL putting a dampener on it).

Love the look of Long Beach, beach.. stunning! Glad you enjoyed Yard House too, I would hate it if I recommended somewhere & then someone had a bad meal!

Aaron always gets a recliner early into the flight, he's cursed. Love the 'loud bitch' though, obvs did the trick!

Anyway, good luck with the pregnancy. Mine is still dragging with no sign of baby, if yours shows early you might beat me to it I'm booked in for an induction on the 8th October so at least we know we haven't got too long to wait!
Ah I think you need to plan another West Coast trip minus the MIL... Just you guys and the little one will have much more fun with less fussiness over food!

Thank you so much for the Yard House recommendation, we loved it! Great food and the most gorgeous setting... an all-round winner!

Eeeek not long now, fingers crossed your little lady doesn't keep you waiting too much longer! I will be eagerly awaiting news of her big arrival and can't wait to see lots of photos (so plenty on IG please!)
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post

One brilliant holiday. Great photos. Lots of memories.

And all the best on the birth of your baby.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great trip report Lisa. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly - rest when you can!
We'll all look forward to your baby news x x
Old 30 Sep 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Macca04
Imagineer

Mobile

Smashing trip report took me right back to our visits to Vegas in 2012 and 2013. Thinking of doing another West Coast trip next year (our visit in 2012 was just Vegas for DH 50th 2013 was the road trip including Vegas). We loved to Griffiths Observatory but thought the walk of fame was a bit of a letdown.

Good luck with the baby, lots of exciting times to look forward to.
Macca04 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List