Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 6 Oct 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel88
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 3
It's a shame you didn't get off to a great start due to Irma but you seem to have made the most of it! That fudge looks yummy. The food at Tiffin's looks beautiful!
Ariel88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Ooh that fudge and you chose exactly what I'd have gone for. Need the exact address lol
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Love, love, love Celebration. Shame the service at breakfast was poor. We always have to visit Kilwins each time.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh I love a dining report. Great start. Some fab cocktails. Tiffin is on my short list for next summer. Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

A shame your start of your holiday didn't go quite to plan. Your hotel in celebration looked nice.
We have enjoyed a couple of nice meals at Tiffins, the swordfish was really good this time and I liked your dessert especially once you got into the middle of it.
Which building did you end up in in Port Orleans with your Royal room?
Looking forward to reading more.
Old 7 Oct 17, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ariel88 View Post
It's a shame you didn't get off to a great start due to Irma but you seem to have made the most of it! That fudge looks yummy. The food at Tiffin's looks beautiful!
The fudge was amazing. Tiffins is so well themed, it's just a lovely restaurant

Originally Posted by theCMG View Post
Ooh that fudge and you chose exactly what I'd have gone for. Need the exact address lol
Ha ha, it was good! I'd only heard people talk about kilwins regarding ice cream so didn't realise they sold fudge as well but for us it was far better than the ice cream

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
Love, love, love Celebration. Shame the service at breakfast was poor. We always have to visit Kilwins each time.
We totally loved celebration. It's so quaint, I wish we had a dog bakery at home, I'd be there all the time!

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ooh I love a dining report. Great start. Some fab cocktails. Tiffin is on my short list for next summer. Looking forward to the next update.
We weren't sure whether to do Tiffins or not (I kind of have ever changing plans right up to the trip) but I'm so glad we did, it was really good and definitely worthy of its signature status

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
A shame your start of your holiday didn't go quite to plan. Your hotel in celebration looked nice.
We have enjoyed a couple of nice meals at Tiffins, the swordfish was really good this time and I liked your dessert especially once you got into the middle of it.
Which building did you end up in in Port Orleans with your Royal room?
Looking forward to reading more.
We were just relieved we were able to get into Florida as planned in the end. The bohemian hotel was lovely and the rate we booked a couple of months in advance was a total bargain at $120

Yeah the middle of that mousse was the best bit!

We were in Oak Manor which is what i requested. I asked to be near the footbridge to the lobby and we were given 9254 which was pretty close, about a 4 minute walk to the food court but also close to the East bus stop so we didn't need to deal with the crowds at the main South stop. It was a good location.
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

September 16th

September 16th

Today was our Hollywood Studios visit. We used snack credits for breakfast, both pastries were good but the cinnamon roll was served warm and was the definite winner.

Lunch was at Sci Fi dine in, although lots of people were waiting we were sat in the back of a 6 person car within a few minutes.

We paid for this one OOP as it’s not great value on the DDP but I just love the theming.

To drink I had the special milkshake which was Birthday cake flavour, it was lovely and thick but may be a little too sweet. Neil had the Oreo one which was really good too.

I had the specialty burger which was blue cheese and caramelised onion. This was gorgeous, definitely the best entree I’ve ever had at sci fi. There was loads of blue cheese, the onions were super sweet which worked well with the cheese and burger was juicy. Sorry the pic is so dark but trust me it was good!

Neil didn’t fancy any of the fish/veggie entrees so got two appetisers, onion rings and spinach dip. The dip was his favourite, you got loads of it. He said the onion rings were good but weren’t that hot. To be fair our seat was really cold as we were directly underneath an air vent so I don’t think much would stay hot long sitting there.

Service was good and this a really quick sit down lunch as we were pretty much done within 45 minutes, the food was good and it remains a must do for us at Hollywood studios.

For tea we walked across to POFQ and had dinner at Sassagoula Floatworks. It’s such a pretty walk along the river.

Although I love French Quarter and wanted to walk across from Riverside at some point to see the resort again, the main reason I wanted to come here was they have coke freestyle machines here which have a fantastic range of choices compared to the standard drink fountains.

It was around 8:30 by the time we got there and the food court was busy as they had a part of it sectioned off while they were replacing the floor. I wasn’t that hungry after lunch but we had credits to use so both had a Po boy, mine was meatball which was that days special and Neils’s shrimp both served with fries and coleslaw.

These were really tasty but massive portions. For dessert we split a carrot cake cookie we’d picked up before leaving DHS, amazing as always and huge!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smedley
Imagineer

Mobile

Mmmmmm! Love a carrot cake cookie and those po boy sandwiches look amazing

Previous trips (mostly villas,) '98,'00,03,04x2,06,07,11 (first onsite stay SSR),12 villa and RCI cruise,14 OKW,15 RCI cruise, Clearwater and Int Drive. 16 West Coast DL, 17
smedley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 17, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Carrot cake cookie ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by smedley View Post
Mmmmmm! Love a carrot cake cookie and those po boy sandwiches look amazing
They’re so good aren’t they. The po boys were fab too

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Carrot cake cookie ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
It’s one of my must do disney snacks!