Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 May 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Kennedy Space Center

Planning on going in October.

But was wondering on how long it takes to look around.

I have two kids (11,14) who aren’t really interested in space tbh so that might be a factor!
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink1975
Helping Mickey

Mobile

My DD wasn’t really into space but still enjoyed the day. I’ve just had a look at my trip report back in 2016 to see how long we spent there.

I wrote we left villa just before 10am and took 1.5hrs get there so by time got our tickets and got in it was prob about 11:40am. We headed straight to the bus tour which took 30 mins and then drops you off at the Apollo 8 launch site. We had took our own lunch, which we ate here. Had another walk around and got the bus back.

I reckon was about 2:15pm about then, we then went over to Atlantis and finished about 4pm. We then viewed our entrance photos and met an astronaught and left at 4:30pm. We called in Ron Jon Surf shop on way home
Tink1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 03:39 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

It is basically a full day. The visitor centre is split over 2 sites 7 miles apart with a bus to get to the Saturn/Apollo Center where all the moon stuff is, so that alone takes 2 or 3 hours.
Your kids might change their minds when they get there and see what is available - lots of people do - it is not a boring museum. The Atlantis exhibit includes a launch simulator, for example, plus there are a lot of interactive displays for those who like tapping away at screens. Don't bother with the extra costs items on a first visit (save them for the next visits when you are hooked). There are a couple of IMAX films too. There is food available at both sites - counter service - no need to take your own.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
staryeyedbird
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We got there for 10:30 and found ourselves being kicked at at 6:15 (closed at 6 that day) we didn’t manage to fit everything in either and we not museum type people and we loved it
staryeyedbird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
wensleydale6
Excited about Disney

Also there’s currently a promotion this year that 5th graders, 10-11 year olds? Go free, download a voucher from their website and take their passport.
wensleydale6 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rjhsteel
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks. Booked this up now.
Holiday Inn Resort Orlando Lake Buena Vista 2023
LA Disneyland 2023
rjhsteel is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Plus $10/day parking. There's so much to experience, you'll probably back again and again.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sunshine-state
Excited about Disney

So much to experience. We didn't actually give ourselves long enough back in October (5/6 hours) so we are returning next trip.
sunshine-state is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Would you buy tickets in advance or when you get there?
Old 29 May 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
BertnErnie
Trading Disney Pins

We bought tickets in the gate because I didn’t get round to buying any before we left the UK, although I think you can save a little doing that.

We actually went to watch the Space X launch scheduled for 10 May, but that was aborted with less than 60 seconds on the countdown. They told us we could upgrade our tix to annual passes for less than the cost of a new single day ticket. There was nobody at the ticket booths when we got back to the main complex as it was about 6:45 by the time we got the bus back from the Saturn 5 centre. We went back next day and they were happy to upgrade our tickets ( we lost out on the free parking though) - there was plenty more to see and the launch lifted off right on schedule this time. I would highly recommend going to watch a launch if you get the opertunity.
BertnErnie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List